Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Question re: Dish Network at vacation home

Post Thanks / Like

Question re: Dish Network at vacation home

If I have Dish Network at my house, can I set up a Dish at my vacation home, bring the receivers when I go there and hook it up and still keep 1 account? I understand the part about spotbeaming, etc, but aside from that does Dish care as long as I use only 1 receiver and watch at one place at a time? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Claude Greiner did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Claude Greiner did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Claude Greiner did! Be COOL like Claude Greiner and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you take them with you then fine, if you leave 1 receiver there then no.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grendyl View Post
    If I have Dish Network at my house, can I set up a Dish at my vacation home, bring the receivers when I go there and hook it up and still keep 1 account? I understand the part about spotbeaming, etc, but aside from that does Dish care as long as I use only 1 receiver and watch at one place at a time? Thanks.
    Technically you can do it... Does DISH care? That's a hard one. It probably violates the Terms of Service since they equipment must be located at the primary residence. But then again, they allow the equipment from the home to move to an RV for occasional use, so I don't see how it would be a problem...

It's one of those gray areas. Of course, you don't really have to tell them and the only way they would know is if you connected the receiver to the phone line there. This also means you could only move single tuner receivers that aren't required to be connected to a phone line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I did not think of the phone # part so I will bring just the 211 (but I won't leave it there). It's pretty tiny so it shouldn't be a big deal if I am driving.