Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Sirius internet stream be ripped?

Post Thanks / Like

Can Sirius internet stream be ripped?

Can the internet Sirius stream be ripped down to mp3 or any format to be played on a comruter? WMAs etc. Will the tags be held (artist and titles)

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! stratguy did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, stratguy did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, stratguy did! Be COOL like stratguy and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgriff
    Can the internet Sirius stream be ripped down to mp3 or any format to be played on a comruter? WMAs etc. Will the tags be held (artist and titles)

Sure as far as I know unless it has some kind of built in copy protection and that is highly unlikely. Just run the best signal you have out of your receiver(Dolby or RCA) to the best input (digital or RCA) you have on your computer and use some recording software I would use soundforge if it were me but it would probably be over kill for the average person but I use it to master digital recordings here in my studio in Nashville. There are lots of cheaper stereo recording apps even some for free. Good luck

If I were to do this I would send the signal out of my TOS out Dolby to my TOS in on my sound card and it would make an exact digital copy.

What do you other guys say. That should work even if you have to do it analog it should work fine.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! bcshields did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, bcshields did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, bcshields did! Be COOL like bcshields and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm running my Sirius home kit through my computer speakers. You can probably just run a dubbing wire from the home kit input to your microphone port on your sound card and rip away.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Mark_AR did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Mark_AR did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Mark_AR did! Be COOL like Mark_AR and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can rip any sound input with WinAmp, or Musicmatch jukebox.

No tag info is transmitted in the music stream itself. You can edit the tag info in Musicmatch though.

Goldwave is another good digital sound editor to clean up intro's and end fades.

All of these programs are free, free trial, or under 50 bux.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! bcshields did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, bcshields did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, bcshields did! Be COOL like bcshields and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used Goldwave for years... good program.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I can just run wiring from my outputs on the reciever to the microphone in, on the computer, to be able to copy off of the music channels? I tried that last year and didn't get anything and I used Musicmatch. I quit downloading songs off of the internet way last year because of the lawsuits and want to burn some newer stuff for work, I work in an operating room and we love to listen to music. With Sirius this would be great for work because of the multiple great channels. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast