Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How bad is chapstick if ingested?

Post Thanks / Like

How bad is chapstick if ingested?

My wife woke up to find out daughter holding an empty tube of chapstick so we dont know if she ate any of it or not. There was one other time where she actualy ate a strawberry flavoured type of chapstick from what my wife has told me. This type was an old tube my wife has had for a few years that has a mild spf15 with a mint flavouring added to it. I know that as a kid that whenever we would go tricker treating we would enevitably get wax lips or wax teeth or the wax soda bottles and that stuff almost always got eaten to some degrea or another and I never got backed up but then again I was also a few years older than she is now.

I googled a half dozen variations of " my kid ate chapstick " and the closest thing that came up was " my baby ate some deoderant ", aside from her being a bit cranky all day there hasnt been any symptoms asociated with poisoning so I think that the tube must have been almost fully gone.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Scott Greczkowski is online now HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1
    She will be fine, I use to eat it all the time when I was a kid.
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! thiggin2 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, thiggin2 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, thiggin2 did! Be COOL like thiggin2 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea , she'll be ok. My girls wanted the "Bratz" chapstick/lipgloss so I got it for them and the next thing I know I see them eating it!!!
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greczkowski View Post
    She will be fine, I use to eat it all the time when I was a kid.
    ahhh so now we know

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charper1 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charper1 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charper1 did! Be COOL like charper1 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although I agree there should not be more than a child's tummy ache, it still would be wise and very settling to call your Poison Control number; 1-800-222-1222. Was it medicated, plain, etc?
    DirecTV HR22, H21, H23, HR20, Sanyo PLV-Z 119", Acer H5360 106", Samsung PN51D450 51", Insignia NS-51P680A12 51", Onkyo TX-NR708, Onkyo HT-R550, Yamaha RX-Z, Sony BDP-S570, Sony PS3 (x2), D-Link Gigabit Network, ViaTalk Unlimited Everything VoIP ($13/mo)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charper1 View Post
    Although I agree there should not be more than a child's tummy ache, it still would be wise and very settling to call your Poison Control number; 1-800-222-1222. Was it medicated, plain, etc?
    Couldn't agree with you more on this one. It will only take a minute or two to really make sure that everything is OK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast