Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: File Transfering with Directv DVR:

Post Thanks / Like

Question File Transfering with Directv DVR:

I'm sure this question has been answered before somewhere on this site, but I just can't find it...I currently am subscribed with TIVO as my DVR service, but looking to switch to a Directv DVR, but I first have a question. With TIVO, I can transfer recorded programs to my computer, then burn dvd's, etc...! I can also view files (music/pictures) from my computer using my TIVO. Does Directv DVR offer and file transfer program or any of the above listed? Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTOUPS View Post
    I'm sure this question has been answered before somewhere on this site, but I just can't find it...I currently am subscribed with TIVO as my DVR service, but looking to switch to a Directv DVR, but I first have a question. With TIVO, I can transfer recorded programs to my computer, then burn dvd's, etc...! I can also view files (music/pictures) from my computer using my TIVO. Does Directv DVR offer and file transfer program or any of the above listed? Thank you!

You should start here first.

http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_hacksleeper.php

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be a little confused trying to understand all that's on this page. What exactly is happening here? Is this cancelling my TIVO service, but still using the box with Directv?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JTOUPS View Post
    1) The stuff you are talking about is only available on a stand alone Tivo, not the DirecTivo's unless you have an older unit that you can hack

2) The HR20 (DirecTVs current HD DVR) currently is networked and has streaming music and pictures from your PC on your network. Streaming video is said to be coming soon. You can burn programs to a DVD player by recording the output as you can with pretty much any DVR. You cannot directly transfer programs to a PC and don't count on that ever happening due to Hollywood crying about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You said the stuff I want to do is only available with a stand alone DVR, but you said the following in yoru above reply:

"The HR20 (DirecTVs current HD DVR) currently is networked and has streaming music and pictures from your PC on your network"

That right there is telling me the HR20 can can connect to your PC...correct me if I'm wrong.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! mikew did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, mikew did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, mikew did! Be COOL like mikew and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The HR20 does connect to your network to play music and pictures. It will not allow you to transfer a program from your HR20 to the PC. If/When this feature is developed, it will be highly secured. You won't be able to just dump anything to anywhere like you can with a hacked Tivo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast