Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many receivers on One account ??

Post Thanks / Like

How many receivers on One account ??

Ok wondering.. I now have 10 receivers on my Directv account, and I want to add one more HR20...Why 10 receivers you ask.. see my username
    Anyhow Directv "says" I can have as many recievers on one account as long as they are all on the same phone line, and they are... mostly

I will have 7 of the 11 actually attached to the phone line, the other 4 are in rooms that a phone is not located (Attic room, basement, etc..)

Do you think this will be a problem with Directv, If so what would they do ??

Is there anyone out there with a similar set-up (Over 10 receivers) If so have you had any problems with some of them not attached to phone lines. Will directv turn these off if they cant "see" them.

Thanks in advance....

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you want to be able to order PPV through the remote or view caller ID on the TV, don't worry about the phone line connection. The only recievers that are dependent on the phone line for guide info are the older TiVo models.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lear View Post
    Unless you want to be able to order PPV through the remote or view caller ID on the TV, don't worry about the phone line connection. The only recievers that are dependent on the phone line for guide info are the older TiVo models.
    I know this, my concern is since I have so many receivers Directv will want to monitor my account more closley to see if they are actually in the same location, they might want to be able to "see" them via the phoneline.
    Thats my main concern on having 4 of the 11 not connected.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! JamesJ did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, JamesJ did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, JamesJ did! Be COOL like JamesJ and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never heard of Directv doing what Dish network does-they call someone and will shut off their account until they actually read numbers off the recievers to make sure they are all inone house-you should be fine, I really dont see this being a problem with directv-must be a pretty sweet set up at your place, Sunday Ticket would be amazin!
    Directv Subscriber
    HD66 and a elite 100" screen with Directv, xbox 360, ps3, and a pioneer vsx-820k with yamaha speakers! Samsung plasma in the bedroom with a sony blu ray, Toshiba 42hl167 in the living room with a lg blu ray
    Thanks for being a satelliteguys member!

Post Thanks / Like
    D* only audits accounts if there are 20 or more IRD's on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    D* only audits accounts if there are 20 or more IRD's on them.
    GREAT then I have 9 more to go

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast