Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is DishComm?

Post Thanks / Like

What is DishComm?

Could someone tell me what this is and how to use it if I have it on my ViP622? Thank you ahead of time for any info.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jared Twomey did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jared Twomey did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jared Twomey did! Be COOL like Jared Twomey and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if it actually works yet or not, but the idea was that if you had multiple receivers that were DishComm capable, then you could just have one of the recievers plugged into a phone line, and it would allow the rest of the recievers to dial out without pysically being plugged into a phone jack.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! rglore did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, rglore did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, rglore did! Be COOL like rglore and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enabled Dishcomm on both of my 622s and set one to remote modem. I unplugged it's phone line and did a connection test in diagnostics and it reported OK just like when the phone line was connected.

By the way, I don't use surge suppressors since I have a whole house suppressor and an X10 passive phase coupler.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! lakebum431 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, lakebum431 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, lakebum431 did! Be COOL like lakebum431 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is working great. Have it on both my 622s and I can access the DishHome customer service features and get caller ID on the remote box (with no phone line plugged in).

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jared Twomey did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jared Twomey did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jared Twomey did! Be COOL like Jared Twomey and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    well thats cool, good to know its enabled and working

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MikeD-C05 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MikeD-C05 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MikeD-C05 did! Be COOL like MikeD-C05 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Explain to me how you got your receivers to work with Dish comm step by step if you please. I tried and each 622 will only recognize themselves on each receiver. Did you plug them into the outlet without a power strip ? How did you get it to take the other receiver and accept it? EAch time I tried it wouldn't accept it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast