Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRST LOOK: Dish ViP722 Receiver!

Scott Greczkowski is offline HERE TO HELP YOU!
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: scottct1

FIRST LOOK: Dish ViP722 Receiver!

SatelliteGuys.US is proud to give you another first look, this time at the upcoming Dish ViP722 High Definition DVR.

The 722 was supposed to be just a newer version of the 622 with a larger hard drive and Microsoft VC1 support. However I am thinking that after many here on SatelliteGuys would exchange their 622 via warranty or DHPP in the hopes they would get a new improved Dish 622. Dish got smart and made it a new receiver model and a different color (this time in black)

While VC1 is not mentioned on this spec sheet, we do believe this is the reason why they mention the unit is "HD VOD-capable"

We are also guessing that its got the new improved HDMI connection, which was a problem on many early 622's. The HDMI port is marked HDMI, but we can't make out the small writing under the port.

For most of us there is no reason at this time to jump for a 722, especially if the external storage feature is coming later this summer as Dish promised at CES. THE HD VOD option while it sounds promising is still a long way off, and when it does work its going to take a long time to download even if you have a very fast internet connection.

Attached Files
    Scott

Thinking about signing up for DISH? Use one of these codes and we BOTH save $50! - HOP019897404 - AHP046085712 - HOP017098428 THANK YOU!

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

dfergie is online now Proud Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    west of the pecos... between Otis and first contact site
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe when they come out I'll sell my 811 and get one of these...
    SatelliteGuys working for you at CES 2014
    dfergie@SatelliteGuys.US For Breaking Satellite Industry News, Please Click Here

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Stargazer did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Stargazer did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Stargazer did! Be COOL like Stargazer and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if there is going to be a price difference between the 722 and 622. I imagine it would be the same price as it would be the replacement for the 622. Does the user get any additional space to record shows or is the larger hard drive going to be dedicated for additional VOD like the 625 does with its larger hard drive vs the 522?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Tom in TX did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Tom in TX did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Tom in TX did! Be COOL like Tom in TX and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both units only state 30 hours of HD recording. So I guess the larger hard drive is used for the HD VOD??

Tom in TX

ke4est is online now Long Live FTA

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I hope they got all the bugs with the 622 fixed in this model.
    FTA---> GEOSATpro microHD, Amiko Nano HD, Mini HD SE, etc. 120" Unimesh for C-band only with Titanium Satellite C1-PLL > 55.5W to 131W, Titanium Satellite ASC-1 Controller.
    -----------GEOSATpro 90cm and Titanium Satellite PLL-1KS on Stab HH-90 motor, GEOSATpro 1.2M and SL2PLL fixed at 125W.
    DISH--> Dish America Silver Pack + Encore and Starz

ke4est @ SatelliteGuys.US If You Want To Stay Ahead Of The Rest, Please Click Here----Always Here To Help!!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! MikeD-C05 did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, MikeD-C05 did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, MikeD-C05 did! Be COOL like MikeD-C05 and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I will pass . IT is just like the 622 except in black. Having vod in hd is nice but who knows when , if and at what price it will be.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast