Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Force Program Guide download

Post Thanks / Like

How To Force Program Guide download

i'm trying to figure out how to force a program guide download. I tried the DISH Network website tech portal for my 625 and couldn't find that info.

My instinct was to turn off both tuners and wait 10 mins and the program guide would be loaded, but that didn't seem to work.

My 625 currently has "Info Not Available" for every channel from 10PM ET tonight (45 mins from now) and onward in time. I think last nigth may have been the only night Tuner 2 may have been left on (Tuner 1 was off). Things also don't make sense to me since I thought the program guide loads in a weeks worth of data, so the Wednesday overnight download should have brought in data through at least next Wednesday.

Thanks for any help or insight that you can give on how I can force a program guide update.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skysurfer View Post
    i'm trying to figure out how to force a program guide download. I tried the DISH Network website tech portal for my 625 and couldn't find that info.

My instinct was to turn off both tuners and wait 10 mins and the program guide would be loaded, but that didn't seem to work.

My 625 currently has "Info Not Available" for every channel from 10PM ET tonight (45 mins from now) and onward in time. I think last nigth may have been the only night Tuner 2 may have been left on (Tuner 1 was off). Things also don't make sense to me since I thought the program guide loads in a weeks worth of data, so the Wednesday overnight download should have brought in data through at least next Wednesday.

Thanks for any help or insight that you can give on how I can force a program guide update.
    In the past I've had luck with doing an actual check switch found on the "Point Dish" screen. Following a successful check switch when you attempt to go back to the live broadcast the 625 usually pops up yet another check switch banner and following that check downloads an update to the guide.
    Last edited by RoyW; 04-14-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, doing a "Check Switch" and then attempting to resume watching live TV will almost always kick in a program guide download. The other option is to unplug the receiver from the electric outlet for some period (???) of time.
    Remember: SatelliteGuys are not your normal customer

Post Thanks / Like
    usually a check switch is sufficient. also try 999 browse within the guide. select yes to download the outdated guide.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Jared Twomey did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Jared Twomey did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Jared Twomey did! Be COOL like Jared Twomey and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    usually when mine starts showing no info available in the guide, I can just scroll over to the right for a little bit and it will prompt me to download the guide info

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by moltomateo View Post
    usually a check switch is sufficient. also try 999 browse within the guide. select yes to download the outdated guide.
    "999" no longer works on the 622 as of software update L3.65. "99" is the max. Did this change with the L4.xx releases ??
    Remember: SatelliteGuys are not your normal customer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast