Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

        

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 6 of 10

Thread: KBS America/KBS World on Dish

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 12th, 2007
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like

    KBS America/KBS World on Dish

    Is there two different channels of KBS America or KBS World on Dish Network showing different programming?

    I notice there are two different schedule with some shows cancel on one channel and another show added on another, then both channels air the same shows again together at a different same time.


  2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

    Reigster at SatelliteGuys
     
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 4th, 2007
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sbsi View Post
    Is there two different channels of KBS America or KBS World on Dish Network showing different programming?

    I notice there are two different schedule with some shows cancel on one channel and another show added on another, then both channels air the same shows again together at a different same time.
    I only see channel 652 on the SD side.

  4. #3
    Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! wkomorow did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, wkomorow did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, wkomorow did! Be COOL like wkomorow and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Join Date
    Jun 7th, 2004
    Location
    Berkshire, MA
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have both the 121 and 61.5 satellite locations - the same KBS programming is on both. In fact, KBS is on four different Dish satellites. Dish actually broadcasts KBS America even though the station identifier alternated between KBS World and KBS America. Part of the confusion is the EPG, which is bad, bad, bad for KBS. I lost three episodes of War of the Roses because the schedule changed, but the EPG did not. And KBS does not usually repeat programming. The guide is better than it used to be, but it still is sometimes inaccurate. To add greater confusion, shows actually start late often. Teen Soliloquy is supposed to start at noon on Saturday, but I always get the end of Vitamin. So if you are interested in recording, I recommend that you add a few extra minutes to the recording. A couple of must see programs are VJ Report, Screening Humanity, and I used to watch Backpacker Videos when it was on.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 19th, 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
    I have both the 121 and 61.5 satellite locations - the same KBS programming is on both. In fact, KBS is on four different Dish satellites. Dish actually broadcasts KBS America even though the station identifier alternated between KBS World and KBS America. Part of the confusion is the EPG, which is bad, bad, bad for KBS. I lost three episodes of War of the Roses because the schedule changed, but the EPG did not. And KBS does not usually repeat programming. The guide is better than it used to be, but it still is sometimes inaccurate. To add greater confusion, shows actually start late often. Teen Soliloquy is supposed to start at noon on Saturday, but I always get the end of Vitamin. So if you are interested in recording, I recommend that you add a few extra minutes to the recording. A couple of must see programs are VJ Report, Screening Humanity, and I used to watch Backpacker Videos when it was on.
    Try checking the program guide off the internet, its usually late Monday before the weekly guide gets updated but it can be used as a supplement to the EPG
    http://www.kbs-america.com/sub/sub_p...ing.php?type=E





  6. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 5th, 2005
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that link! I would be interested in recording some KBS America programming myself, but I could never find a good online schedule for them.

    Also - is there any guide listing what has English subtitles and what doesn't?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 19th, 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jegrant View Post
    Thanks for that link! I would be interested in recording some KBS America programming myself, but I could never find a good online schedule for them.

    Also - is there any guide listing what has English subtitles and what doesn't?
    If there is I haven't saw it, my wife just spot checks the programs and records the shows she likes that actually have English subtitles. Its some what of a challenge for her to keep up because English is her second language.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •