Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pole mount pole size?

Post Thanks / Like

Pole mount pole size?

My neighborhood assoc. requires that I mount my soon to be installed DirectTV (triple LNB) on a pole.

So, what size pole should I pick-up from the local hardware store (1", 1 1/2", 2"...)?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like

Or should I just sink a 4x4 into the ground?

Or should I just sink a 4x4 into the ground with some concrete?

What is a better platform for mounting the 18"x20" dish?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Neutron did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Neutron did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Neutron did! Be COOL like Neutron and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have my phase-3 dish on one of my 4x4 fence posts. It holds up quite well.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the installer is SBCA certified he has been told NOT to install on any wood poles, as through time the pole will move/bend/twist.... Best to do it right using a 1 11/16" or 1 5/8" steel pole, the Phase three comes with a round bubble level and this is the same size, it is VERY important with the Phase III to get the pole bang on plumb, so I would wait until the installer breaks open the dish box and use the bubble level and some quick cement, you will save a lot of heartbreak if you do it right first time, I actually off set the level to take into account the weight of the PhaseIII dish as it can pull you off Plumb! Good Luck!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Neutron did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Neutron did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Neutron did! Be COOL like Neutron and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they aren't supposed to be installing these on 4x4 fence posts then the installers here have been going against that. If I had known this I would have had it mounted on a metal pole.

Post Thanks / Like
    Plumbed and installed on the metal pole is good but don't have to be. What your home owner association doing is illegal too. Read the FCC guide lines and have them pay for the pole.

You guys do everything by the book or what!?, Don't install dish on 4x4.. geez!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast