Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: AT&T 622HZ (Homezone)

Post Thanks / Like

622HZ = All I hoped for so far...

Well, a package arrived from UPS today with my new 622HZ receiver in it. I haven't gotten it completely set up yet, but some things I noticed thus far:

1. For those DISH subscribers unhappy about not being able to purchase the MLB package, Homezone has a section that allows you to download just about every game you want for .49 a piece!!!! I thought that was a pretty cool feature.
    2. I have been trying to set up the Yahoo features with my existing router (haven't gotten the 2wire yet), and so far it is a no go even after I opened a port on it.
    3. I was not expecting the receiver to come today, so I don't have an external drive to test the USB storage, but I will be purchasing one tomorrow and I will let everyone know if/how it works along with the interface.
    4. I hooked up the receiver myself without an installer which surprised the DISH tech support women I called to have it activated! She said that she could activate it only after she cancelled my original work order and then reentered. I said that would be fine by me, and so she did. Well after talking to her supervisor, she said that to have the service call it would be an additional $99 now that it was already activated. I was not going to stand for that and she went back and talked to her supervisor. Finally she says she will cancel the original $179 work order (with $100 rebate), and put in a $99 service call and credit my account $20. So, it all worked out the same for me. As far as I am concerned, it is better, b/c now I don't have to wait for the rebate or be out $179 initial investment!

When I get the chance to test some more things out tomorrow I will post an update.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    External storage for 622HZ doesn't work at all - no messages, no menu - nothing !

The DVR have WD 500 GB disk, but somehow AT&T/2WIRE make available only 19 hrs HD content for us.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0012.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	17728  
    Last edited by Smith, P.; 07-18-2007 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added HDD manufacturer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith, P. View Post
    External storage for 622HZ doesn't work at all - no messages, no menu - nothing !

The DVR have 500 GB disk, but somehow AT&T/2WIRE make available only 19 hrs HD content for us.
    Ditto that too here. I went out and bought a WD My Book 500GB (129 @ Best Buy this week). Plugged it in, and NADA! I am currently reformatting it to an NTFS file system to see if that will help (FAT32 out of the box).

I did however get my router (non 2wire brand) to associate with the 622HZ and I can access all the yahoo features. I have not been able to gain access to the Yahoo Web Remote yet, but I am still working on it!

Slatterie- sorry about calling you a guy earlier!!! If you read this, could you guve us more details on how you were able to pop in an external drive and have it work with the 622HZ? THANKS!!!!

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jbp100 View Post
    I am currently reformatting it to an NTFS file system to see if that will help (FAT32 out of the box).
    It won't help. The box doesn't use either format. When external drive support is available, it will re-format it with the filesystem it uses. In fact, it would just as well prefer to see a "raw" disk.
    Remember: SatelliteGuys are not your normal customer

Post Thanks / Like
    It's little advanced DVR then original 622. The 500 GB HDD, new chips, different PCB layout, DVR962 plate removed (http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachme...7&d=1139709932) - check pictures:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0011.JPG 
Views:	232 
Size:	492.4 KB 
ID:	17729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0010.JPG 
Views:	229 
Size:	327.8 KB 
ID:	17731  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
    I can understand the black tape over the Receiver and Smart card IDs, but what's the tape hiding on the left side of the back panel?
    I saw nothing at this spot on other 622HZ .

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast