Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
622HZ = All I hoped for so far...
Well, a package arrived from UPS today with my new 622HZ receiver in it. I haven't gotten it completely set up yet, but some things I noticed thus far:
1. For those DISH subscribers unhappy about not being able to purchase the MLB package, Homezone has a section that allows you to download just about every game you want for .49 a piece!!!! I thought that was a pretty cool feature.
2. I have been trying to set up the Yahoo features with my existing router (haven't gotten the 2wire yet), and so far it is a no go even after I opened a port on it.
3. I was not expecting the receiver to come today, so I don't have an external drive to test the USB storage, but I will be purchasing one tomorrow and I will let everyone know if/how it works along with the interface.
4. I hooked up the receiver myself without an installer which surprised the DISH tech support women I called to have it activated! She said that she could activate it only after she cancelled my original work order and then reentered. I said that would be fine by me, and so she did. Well after talking to her supervisor, she said that to have the service call it would be an additional $99 now that it was already activated. I was not going to stand for that and she went back and talked to her supervisor. Finally she says she will cancel the original $179 work order (with $100 rebate), and put in a $99 service call and credit my account $20. So, it all worked out the same for me. As far as I am concerned, it is better, b/c now I don't have to wait for the rebate or be out $179 initial investment!
When I get the chance to test some more things out tomorrow I will post an update.
07-18-2007 12:07 AM