1.2 m Dish - Greater Toronto Area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does anyone have an update on the AMC1 / SES 3 replacement? It was to take place back in August, but there is some issues that have delayed it to December 2014. Will it happen by the end of the year?

For the NBC feeds I've had to skew the lnb and because of this, some borderline feeds I've scanned in (MPEG2 / DVB2) have given me problems. I've never managed to replace the 36" dish because I was waiting for Dr. Sat to launch his new 1.2m dish. It was suppose to be released in October. He still doesn't have it ready.

The NBC / COZI feeds are very strong (on MiniMe) even in bad weather so I think the dish should be ok for almost all KU when I can un-skew the lnb.
Mark, are you still interested in a 1.2 mt dish? I had one Fortec which I was using about three years ago before I had bought my new fortec 6ft ( from Dr Sat) but I dont need the Fortec 1.2mt any longer. I was going to give it to a friend but his landlord told him to remove all his dish farm, so he declined it. I do have the Fortec 1.2 mt and the Stab HH120 ready for you if you want it. Just please page me.

Reactions: beavs2112
Mark, are you still interested in a 1.2 mt dish? I had one Fortec which I was using about three years ago before I had bought my new fortec 6ft ( from Dr Sat) but I dont need the Fortec 1.2mt any longer. I was going to give it to a friend but his landlord told him to remove all his dish farm, so he declined it. I do have the Fortec 1.2 mt and the Stab HH120 ready for you if you want it. Just please page me.
BTW, I am in Milton, if you are not far away, I believe you said before you are in Cawthra and Dundas, that is not too far from my house. I can bring it to your place.

Reactions: Kraven and KE4EST
kudos Vondertrenk on the offer :clappingnice to see members helping out other members :)

Reactions: Kraven
kudos Vondertrenk on the offer :clappingnice to see members helping out other members :)
Who says free? It will cost him two million dollars. Alternatively, we can take a cup of coffee together. Just kidding!!!!!
It is yours if you page me within the next three days.

The Fortec Star 1.2m is a very light weight reflector which tends to "self-distort". I would not recommend unless there is no other option.
Sorry to disappoint you, my estimated friend, Titanium!!!!!!
Fortec is one of the best dish manufacturers ( well, I mean brand, of course those are made in China)

I got a lot of channels in both C and Ku Band with this 1.2 mt. offset dish. And certainly a lot of fun. Also, my friend Darrell, who lives in Hamilton, On, was able to even get a lot of channels from Mexico in 113 W with other Fortec 1.2 mt. The funny thing is he was moving that big dish with a Stab 90 and never had a problem.

Now that I have my 6ft Fortec, I am able to watch, for example, 78W Simon Bolivar Ku channels!!!. You can see it on my Geosat Micro HD config file that I posted about two months ago. I do have full Ku and C band coverage with this Fortec 6 ft. other than the limitations normally associated with so small BUD dish, I believe it is one of the best in the market.

Properly formed, the reflector is capable of tuning the same signals and provide similar performance as any other dish, but that was not the point of my original post.

I am not meaning to discount the Fortec Star brand. During the years 2004 - 2009, I was co-owner of the the largest Fortec Star product distributor in North America and remain a good friend with the defunct Fortec Star NA principal. Fortec Star distributed many excellent products. I am the first to commend Fortec Star for providing the FTA market well developed products and excellent performance and value. Unfortunately, the the Fortec Star 1.2m was not one of their better designs. The reflector gauge was thinner than other similar dishes on the market (then and now). The mount was lightweight and easily damaged in high winds and icing. We distributed the 1.2M to Canadian Glorystar customers for about a year until we experienced backlash from satellite installers who refused to warranty installs with this dish. Shortly after that, the largest satellite equipment distributor in Canada also discontinued the product due to their resellers feedback.

There is no reason for me to share this information on a product that was discontinued five years ago other than to direct hobbyist to investigate hardware options and other quality products. I do not sell dishes or have any interest in promoting any other dish manufacturer or distributor. :)

Guess that we will agree to disagree. :D

BTW... Doesn't matter the brand... You offered Mark a great deal (free) and your willingness to help a fellow member is why I enjoy being part of this forum! Kudos to you!

Properly formed, the reflector is capable of tuning the same signals and provide similar performance as any other dish, but that was not the point of my original post.

I am not meaning to discount the Fortec Star brand. During the years 2004 - 2009, I was co-owner of the the largest Fortec Star product distributor in North America and remain a good friend with the defunct Fortec Star NA principal. Fortec Star distributed many excellent products. I am the first to commend Fortec Star for providing the FTA market well developed products and excellent performance and value. Unfortunately, the the Fortec Star 1.2m was not one of their better designs. The reflector gauge was thinner than other similar dishes on the market (then and now). The mount was lightweight and easily damaged in high winds and icing. We distributed the 1.2M to Canadian Glorystar customers for about a year until we experienced backlash from satellite installers who refused to warranty installs with this dish. Shortly after that, the largest satellite equipment distributor in Canada also discontinued the product due to their resellers feedback.

There is no reason for me to share this information on a product that was discontinued five years ago other than to direct hobbyist to investigate hardware options and other quality products. I do not sell dishes or have any interest in promoting any other dish manufacturer or distributor. :)

BTW... Doesn't matter the brand... You offered Mark a great deal (free) and your willingness to help a fellow member is why I enjoy being part of this forum! Kudos to you!
I got to know David, your canadian counterpart, we might be talking about the same person. Very nice guy.

BTW... Doesn't matter the brand... You offered Mark a great deal (free) and your willingness to help a fellow member is why I enjoy being part of this forum! Kudos to you![/QUOTE

No Brian, I appreciate your comments anyway/ I highly respect your opinion, you have a lot of experience.
Brian, your performance review, is it extensive to all the Fortec dishes or just for the 1.2mt version? You now by now my 6 ft is a Fortec also, however I am extremely happy with it, however I still want to know your opinion.

Second, since Fortec is not longer in the market, what would you buy if you would wanted to buy now an 8 ft?

The 6' was pretty typical construction for a basic non-commercial type dish. Similar gauges and finish. Wasn't a big seller, so not too many out there.

Depending on your budget for an 8'. For quality, I would check out a DH product and for general purpose the tek2000. While I haven't seen a tek2000, try look to be a good value and buyers are posting decent comments. For personal use, I would go with a quality freebee from Craigslist. Hard to beat the quality build on many of the legacy dishes!

I have not heard from Mark yet, I am not sure if he is still interested in the dish+ Stab Motor. Anyway, instead of posting it on Kijiji or Craiglist, I will keep my promise and the set is free to whomever wants it and is willing to pay for the delivery. If it is in the GTA and depending on the distance, I might be available to bring it to your place.
Let's say is sort of Christmas gift and a way to return some of the benefits received on this forum.

Reactions: Titanium
I have not heard from Mark yet, I am not sure if he is still interested in the dish+ Stab Motor. Anyway, instead of posting it on Kijiji or Craiglist, I will keep my promise and the set is free to whomever wants it and is willing to pay for the delivery. If it is in the GTA and depending on the distance, I might be available to bring it to your place.
Let's say is sort of Christmas gift and a way to return some of the benefits received on this forum.
Hello, Vondertrenk,
Let's allow a few days to Mark to decide if he is still interested in your offer.
If he is not interested, I am willing to take these goods...
I am in East Scarborough. I also have some "satellite" items to share.
Cheers, polgyver

Reactions: Vondertrenk
Hello, Vondertrenk,
Let's allow a few days to Mark to decide if he is still interested in your offer.
If he is not interested, I am willing to take these goods...
I am in East Scarborough. I also have some "satellite" items to share.
Cheers, polgyver

That's the spirit. Thanks for the tip. I will wait till the end of the year. The dish will be available after January third for anyone else to pick up.
For those who have asked, I have inserted some pictures, in one you can see part of the dish and the Stab Motor ( HH120). WHat you see is what you will get, I believe the dish is complete with all the harnesses.
BTW, I just noticed, the dish brand is Ariza, no Fortec, but still is the 1.2 mts dish. Apologies for any missunderestanding.
Milton-20141220-01599.jpg
Milton-20141220-01598.jpg
Milton-20141220-01595.jpg

You can verify the dish size by comparing it with the paint containers aside.

BTW, as they say on As Seen On TV; if you call within the next ten minutes, I will include also.... ( just kidding)

The offer will include also two LNBFs:

One DMS International BSC-621 (sorry no insert) and one Invacom QPH-031 with holder. Again, what you see is what you get. All after January 3rd as discussed above.
Milton-20141220-01600.jpg

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
polyver at eal. This is just to confirm, that I finally have handed over the dish, HH120 Stab motor, the 621 and the quadcom LNBs over to Mark. The only reason to publish this note is that I had promised to give them away to you or somebody else if Mark did not respond. Anyway, if in the future I have any other hardware that is not longer part of my projects, I will give it away also here. Mark, I hope you will have as good memories as I did with the dish and related HW!

Hi Von,

Yes I certainly will. Can't wait until the spring time to start experimenting with the dish. Amazing equipment of high quality. The dish was so damn heavy it was a chore to get it in the SUV! I was lucky it did fit. Should have protected the floor of the car the dish had sharp edges :rolleyes:.

I'm sure my existing 90cm FS bracing would never hold that weight. I doubt there are many dishes as thick a calibre as this one. This dish will have a new spot, instead of a wall.

Von Thanks again for your generosity. I'll let you know if I need help.

Mark

Hi Von,

Yes I certainly will. Can't wait until the spring time to start experimenting with the dish. Amazing equipment of high quality. The dish was so damn heavy it was a chore to get it in the SUV! I was lucky it did fit. Should have protected the floor of the car the dish had sharp edges :rolleyes:.

I'm sure my existing 90cm FS bracing would never hold that weight. I doubt there are many dishes as thick a calibre as this one. This dish will have a new spot, instead of a wall.

Von Thanks again for your generosity. I'll let you know if I need help.

Mark
i will be glad to help. The dish is heavy meaning is solid, better of course. Fuuny you asked about C Band, there is a recent thread here recommending 99W for mini bud C Band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts