1000.2 Eastern Arc Help

rwjga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
Asheville, NC
I am having problems getting a 1000.2 set up on a tripod at a camp site. I am not getting 72. Looking at the dish from behind, is 72 the left or right LNB?

Is this a special EA version of the 1000.2 or are you trying to convince a WA dish to work?

The eastern feed horn picks up the westernmost satellite.

Thanks for the replies. I get 61.5 with the right lnb but can't get anything on what should be 72. I have tried changing the elevation up and down from the manual settings without success. Any movement I made reduces the signal I get on 61.5. Any ideas?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The pole of the tripod checks out with a level as being vertical.

Thanks for the replies. I get 61.5 with the right lnb but can't get anything on what should be 72. I have tried changing the elevation up and down from the manual settings without success. Any movement I made reduces the signal I get on 61.5. Any ideas?
Do you know which of the feed horns is picking up 61.5W?

What are the aiming parameters you're using?

Again, are you trying to use a WA dish on the EA constellation?

IIRC the Dish 1000.2 is for western arc, the 1000.4 is for eastern arc. Western arc is 110/119/129 Eastern Arc is 61.5/72/77 The separation of the satellites is not the same.
No one has mentioned it so I will ask, have you checked your skew setting?

Have you properly set the skew for your current location?

If the pole is true vertical and you are picking up 61.5 from the right lnb viewed from behind the dish, then the only other variable is skew.

Otherwise the left lnb is either not connected properly or is defective.

First let me confirm that the dish is a 1000.2 with an EA lnb assembly. I am in zip 28701. The setting it is set on are: EL 48 and SK 73. I don't know the AZ but this is the point where I get the max reading on 61.5. (55 average across the transponders that have a signal.) This reading is coming from the right lnb when viewed from the back of the dish.

I have been using a 1000.4 for a few years while rv'ing. I recently went to a 1000.2. I've noticed that when I set the skew, I have to subtract the number given from 180 to be properly set up on the 1000.2. For your location, instead of setting the skew at 73, I would set it at 107. I don't know why this is, but I've found that it works. You might try setting the skew to 107.

That did not work for me. I lost 61.5 and did not get 72. I did not change the AZ however. I will try that when I get back to the camp site. I have to drive about 5 miles to get a phone signal and gain internet access.

I took the whole thing down and started anew at a location a few feet away. It now works fine. I either had a LOS problem or I misread some setting. I did not have to use the 107 skew suggested above.

I am having a similar issue to the OP and was hoping to have some light shed on the situation. I have the same antenna assembly as the OP (1000.2 EA Twin LNBF), but am experiencing reversed results. A jumper from the LNBF to my Super Buddy shows lock on 61.5, but nothing on 72.7. I have pointed this type of LNBF with this meter several times before, and normally once I lock 61.5, 72.7 falls in line. Sometimes I don't even bother checking 72.7 on the meter, and it always works out. There is no LOS issue whatsoever. There are three lines out of the LNBF: two lines go to two 211z receivers, and the third runs through a diplexer to a 722k. All three receivers show the same thing on the check switch (see below).

*THIS IS NOT MY SCREEN* but I'm showing this to better describe what I'm looking at...

chkswch-step-05.jpg

In place of 119 is 61.5 with the green "OK" underneath. In place of 110 is "Conn" with an "X" underneath.

Is it possible that I'm "locked" on 61.5 without it actually being 61.5? I've tried two different LNBFs with the same result, and I'm running out of ideas... Thanks in advance for any help.

Does the .2 EA LNB not act like a switch like the .2 WAs? I was assuming that all three ports on the LNB transmitted signal from both satellites like how each of the WA ports transmit 110, 119 and 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts