1303 Errors for Joeys - Fixed by Replacing the NODE

This thread (and other posts reporting Joey connection issues) is making me question I I should cancel my install and try later, when the issues are resolved.

Dont get me wrong I love te Hopper/Joey and this is the first problem in 3 months.

They just reset the MOCA settings and reset the network and it worked so far. Also he said there is an update coming in about two weeks to fix the software problem and that the hoppers are getting the updates but the Joey's arent. I don't know how true this is but that is what he said. So far the reset seems to be working though.

I've had the 1303 error and have had a tech out twice. At first it was intermittent and then it failed continuously. This 1303 only occurred on 1Joey. Yesterday the tech came out and did the following, replaced connectors and replaced node. What he also did is read an email that had just come out to his team on reconfiguration settings. The settings are not available to the end user since it involves kind of like an Easter egg to open them. Once the configuration was set problem went away. So day two still no 1303 errors. Does anyone know about this new email that's gone out to the satellite service techs and the settings?

Not for sure but with this error or issues with the Hopper not seeing the Dish where you get a X on Satellite make sure to have the Techs switch out the NODES.. Seems like they have some bad ones out where they might work once then start acting up so make sure to have any Tech switch them out 1st.. Heck on my install we had as many as 2 that were bad the 3rd one was fine.

Define node please

In the IT world, the joey/hopper IS the node. Define node as discussed here please. It keeps being brought up on what to replace but I have no idea what a node is in the Dish world. THANKS!

PS. The video in the first posts says PRIVATE. Thought it might give me an answer on what the node was lol.

plus I will google Dish node.

The node is a specific piece of Dish equipment that acts as a sort of filter and diplexer combining and separating the traditional satellite signal and the MOCA network signal.

In the IT world, the joey/hopper IS the node. Define node as discussed here please. It keeps being brought up on what to replace but I have no idea what a node is in the Dish world. THANKS!

PS. The video in the first posts says PRIVATE. Thought it might give me an answer on what the node was lol.

plus I will google Dish node.

Thanks Gary. Thats a better definition than what I got on line! LOL. have a customer who calls me everyday about his Dish not working. We dont install dish or any satellite, just all the fun AV and controls that surround it. Major hassle this issue is! getting dish to come out and fix it. Its apparantly their issue.

Thanks again!

Thanks Gary. Thats a better definition than what I got on line! LOL. have a customer who calls me everyday about his Dish not working. We dont install dish or any satellite, just all the fun AV and controls that surround it. Major hassle this issue is! getting dish to come out and fix it. Its apparantly their issue.

Thanks again!
here's the wiring diagrams in case you want to learn more: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/279755-hopper-joey-wiring-diagrams.html

I have a Hopper and 2 Joeys. The Joey software is S271 and the Hopper software is S222. Both are up-to-date. Every 5 - 10 minutes both Joeys reset with the 1303 error. Technicians has been to my house 4 times. All parts have been replaced--node, dish, LNB, coax connectors, Hopper, both Joeys. The problem persists. All Dish can tell me is that there's a known issue with S271 and I just have to grin and bear it until the next release. It's been 2 months since the last Joey update. It takes me 2.5 hours to watch an hour show. I'm very frustrated with Dish's ambivalent attitude.

levensok said:
I have a Hopper and 2 Joeys. The Joey software is S271 and the Hopper software is S222. Both are up-to-date. Every 5 - 10 minutes both Joeys reset with the 1303 error. Technicians has been to my house 4 times. All parts have been replaced--node, dish, LNB, coax connectors, Hopper, both Joeys. The problem persists. All Dish can tell me is that there's a known issue with S271 and I just have to grin and bear it until the next release. It's been 2 months since the last Joey update. It takes me 2.5 hours to watch an hour show. I'm very frustrated with Dish's ambivalent attitude.

On all the receivers press YELLOW - 9 - 2. Does the MoCA field have FOUR GREEN bars?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)