2 or 4 c band lnbf scalar ring. Anybody order one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
So I was watching you tube and saw something interesting a blue plastic 4 lnbf cband holder. So you can get 4 sats. So I started looking around for one. I found a 2 model version. Just wondering if anybody ordered them and what they are like.

TTFN,

Josh

Attachments

• duallnbfcbandring.jpeg
    duallnbfcbandring.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 318
Magic is right. Snake oil as it was presented in the photo. You would be better off using a Dremel tool and mating two metal scalars.

The sample that I have tested is aluminum and the side slot allows the feedhorn to be adjusted for fixed dish installs.

I didn't find the design too useful as the offset feedhorn elevation setting was fixed by the mounts and could not be optimized to the correct placement.

I wanted to make a small correction after reading your the responses. The you tube video in another language called them Skalar rings. But to find them for sale on another website. They are called lnbf holders. They are for over sea and I noticed that it seems you can even have smaller c-band dishes in certain countries. So I could see if the signal is stronger. You would not need a actual metal traditional scalar ring.

Thanks,

Josh

Titanium;
Is the source of your sample available in the US? I would like to play with one. You might note what I do in my avatar... I have two dual C-band LNBs on my other (10 ft.) dish also.

Reactions: joeroscoe1957
I could not find them in the u.s and the close was alliexpress or whatever that is and I'm pretty sure the 2 or if you could find a 4 is plastic.

With 3D printing becoming more common, parts like this made of metal should be more readily available. The laser sintering method builds items up in very precise increments.

So I was watching you tube and saw something interesting a blue plastic 4 lnbf cband holder. So you can get 4 sats. So I started looking around for one. I found a 2 model version. Just wondering if anybody ordered them and what they are like.

TTFN,

Josh
Hello i got a 2 C band holder i bought to try out. I put it on 105 w for dsr 922 and 101 w it works ok its on my 7 1/2 dish.It is cheap made, i paid around $23 for it.I also cut some scalar rings for my old Orbitron dish 8 1/2 mesh panels got damaged a long time ago ,thats why it looks bad lol but it works ok on c band.the one with 3 lnbs are at 99,103,107 with 103 centered.On my scalar support legs i have 4 legs i had to move them in different positions or remove the support leg.Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Picture 138.jpg
    Picture 138.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 340
  • Picture 149.jpg
    Picture 149.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 471
  • Picture 150.jpg
    Picture 150.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 357
  • Picture 151.jpg
    Picture 151.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Picture 153.jpg
    Picture 153.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 340
  • Picture 155.jpg
    Picture 155.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 323
  • Picture 206.jpg
    Picture 206.jpg
    857.9 KB · Views: 377
  • Picture 287.jpg
    Picture 287.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 372
  • Picture 297.jpg
    Picture 297.jpg
    536.6 KB · Views: 346
  • Picture 301.jpg
    Picture 301.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 341
  • Picture 305.jpg
    Picture 305.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 358
  • Picture 311.jpg
    Picture 311.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 304
Reactions: FTA4PA and pmasterp
I would like to buy a couple of those!!! Is there a source in USA?
EDIT:
I see these on AliExpress. Is this your source?
Hey migold i did buy it from AliExpress ,the user i bought it from is Gracelee.what i did was,bought a gift card at CVS $100 and used that instead of my credit card.It came in about 10 days.Like i said it was just to try, it is cheap made but it works ok.I couldn't find at that time any US suppliers.Please understand stand i am not promoting that site.Be careful and try to protect yourself.

A word of advice to anyone using AliExpress. Buyer protection is vertically non-existent so only buy through the site shopping cart. Use a credit card as chargebacks are the only way to address seller fraud. Wires and debit/cash cards are like candy to scammers AliExpress customer service is an email or a voice mail. I have NEVER received a reply from AliExpress to resolve an issue with a seller.

Protect yourself as it is the Wild, Wild West of retail. Great place for niche products, deals and bargains, but be prepared and buy smart!

Reactions: primestar31 and cee
c_dualfocus_scalar_1.jpg

If you want to buy a dual holder like this, you could get it from tek2000.com which is in Toronto Canada.

http://www.tek2000.com/cgi-bin/web.cgi?command=product&item=C-Band Dual Focus Scalar Ring-ND

Looks like they are out of stock at the moment though. :biggrin

Note: I am not promoting this company, I've never ordered from them, so I don't know what their customer service is like. I'm posting this only in case you don't want to use AliExpress or other means. :)

sgs

I guess it's an interesting idea for experimenting. It says for three or four lnb support dishes. I can't see how it would mount on a four lnb support dish. The fourth lnb support leg would come in right where the extra lnb goes. Am I missing something?

I guess it's an interesting idea for experimenting. It says for three or four lnb support dishes. I can't see how it would mount on a four lnb support dish. The fourth lnb support leg would come in right where the extra lnb goes. Am I missing something?
Hey fta4pa on a 4 support leg you remove one leg it works better on a 3 support leg and a button hook type.if you do a close up on my picture you will see only 3 legs.hope this helps.
P.s. the leg support position will be awkward.

Just
Hey fta4pa on a 4 support leg you remove one leg it works better on a 3 support leg and a button hook type.if you do a close up on my picture you will see only 3 legs.hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20141109_163233.jpg
    20141109_163233.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 264
Thanks! I see that now - missed it before. May get one and give it a try in the Spring. All this talk about the Polar Vortex returning looks like Old Man Winter is gonna creep in soon.:snow:)

Thanks! I see that now - missed it before. May get one and give it a try in the Spring. All this talk about the Polar Vortex returning looks like Old Man Winter is gonna creep in soon.:snow:)
Your welcome
You're welcome just a tip what i do is use a weaker sat as the center and stronger sat at the side.example 103 W centered and 107 W side.I also only go 4 degrees apart which puts the lnbs closer together the further apart from center the weaker the signal gets.good luck and stay warm.lol sorry about drawings
was trying to explain.

Attachments

• Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 258
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 320
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)