2014-15 NFL Play-Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Even though it'll be played in 2015. If anybody has a better title for this thread,feel free to change mine. I predict a Seattle Seahawks-New England Patriots(if they still have the home field advantage throughout the play-offs) Super Bowl.

2014-2015 NFL Playoffs

Needs to be Stickied yet.
That sounds like a more sexy title,I originally thought of using that,could the mods adjust my thread title accordingly?

On another note,the first play-off games on Saturday are usually both carried by NBC. I find it interesting that the first game is carried by ESPN & the second game by NBC this upcoming Saturday,no complaints,just interesting.

That sounds like a more sexy title,I originally thought of using that,could the mods adjust my thread title accordingly?

On another note,the first play-off games on Saturday are usually both carried by NBC. I find it interesting that the first game is carried by ESPN & the second game by NBC this upcoming Saturday,no complaints,just interesting.
Don took care of it :)

Thank You Don !

I know that we have 3 weeks to go before we know who will be in the Super Bowl,but if it does turn out to be the Patriots against the Seahawks,I'll tell you one thing you won't see. You won't see the football sailing past Tom Brady's head because the Patriots were unprepared for the very loud Seahawks fans. I think that you'll see the Patriots playing the New York Giant's role(against the Patriots) against the Seahawks. but what do I know? It could be the Cowboys or the Packers in the Super Bowl for the NFC instead of the Seahawks,& the Broncos or maybe the Steelers in the Super Bowl for the AFC instead of the Patriots. For grins & giggles I'll pull for the Carolina Panthers to make it to the Super Bowl.

I know that we have 3 weeks to go before we know who will be in the Super Bowl,but if it does turn out to be the Patriots against the Seahawks,I'll tell you one thing you won't see. You won't see the football sailing past Tom Brady's head because the Patriots were unprepared for the very loud Seahawks fans. I think that you'll see the Patriots playing the New York Giant's role(against the Patriots) against the Seahawks. but what do I know? It could be the Cowboys or the Packers in the Super Bowl for the NFC instead of the Seahawks,& the Broncos or maybe the Steelers in the Super Bowl for the AFC instead of the Patriots. For grins & giggles I'll pull for the Carolina Panthers to make it to the Super Bowl.
Now THAT would be amazing .... and stunning.

That would be equal to thinking that the Lions actually have a chance.

Reactions: Bodo Fenrirsson
NFL should re seed teams once the playoff teams are determined.
All Division winners are in, but in this case the winner of the NFC South would be slotted last, still getting in the playoff, but not the seeding and potential home game that goes with it.

Reactions: meStevo and Neutron
All Division winners are in, but in this case the winner of the NFC South would be slotted last, still getting in the playoff, but not the seeding and potential home game that goes with it.

Agreed.

I'm expecting both this and another playoff spot for both the AFC and NFC (so 2 more games wildcard weekend, and only 1st seeds get bye) within the next 2-3 years.

I'm expecting both this and another playoff spot for both the AFC and NFC (so 2 more games wildcard weekend, and only 1st seeds get bye) within the next 2-3 years.
I think that all four division winners will get a bye in each conference,then you'll choose four wildcard teams with the best records in each conference. IF you really want to make it interesting,have wildcard teams cross over into the other conference than the one that they belong,like they do in the CFL,having the eight best wildcard teams in the NFL,instead of the four best wildcard teams in each conference. This could result into the possibility of two NFC or two AFC teams facing each other in the Super Bowl.

Adding yet ANOTHER team to the Playoffs is a terrible idea, pretty soon it will be as bad as the NHL where half the teams make the playoffs.
Soon the Super Bowl will be in March.

Adding yet ANOTHER team to the Playoffs is a terrible idea, pretty soon it will be as bad as the NHL where half the teams make the playoffs.

I think that all four division winners will get a bye in each conference,then you'll choose four wildcard teams with the best records in each conference. IF you really want to make it interesting,have wildcard teams cross over into the other conference than the one that they belong,like they do in the CFL,having the eight best wildcard teams in the NFL,instead of the four best wildcard teams in each conference. This could result into the possibility of two NFC or two AFC teams facing each other in the Super Bowl.

My idea is interesting & won't extend the play-offs into march(because you'll have the 4 division winners per conference in a bye week). Wildcard teams crossing over into other conferences could keep the pool from being too diluted. It's just the idea of possibly 2 NFC or 2 AFC teams ending up in the Super Bowl against each other that might give pause to the idea.

2 teams doesn't extend the playoffs since it would just add a game to wildcard weekend and still isn't half the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.