2015 AL Central

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Ok all my AL Central friends, come aboard ...

I don't have any current exciting news about the Detroit Tigers as of yet, but feel free to post about Any of the AL Central teams.

As usual, this is always a very active thread, so with less than a week to go till Opening Day, let get it started !!!

Play Ball !!!

Only good news I have on the Tigers is that Cabrera and Victor Martinez appear so far to be on the right track to be able to start on Opening day after surgeries for both in the off season.

Yep, Monday is a big day as always here in Michigan. Let's see what the Tigers can do, even though it's always said I think there start will be critical this year

Was it Sparky or Leyland that use to play all his Starters the last week of the Spring, thus getting ready to gell for the regular season.

I always thought that was a great idea.

Well, Verlander and Rondon are starting the season on the DL so the pitching could have finished up Spring Training in a little better shape. Any bets on how long Nathan is the closer before we move on to Soria? Enough negativity though... opening day is here. Go Tigers!

The Tigers are off to a good start on opening day. Price is dealing and the JD Martinez and Avilia both have early home runs.

Well, Verlander and Rondon are starting the season on the DL so the pitching could have finished up Spring Training in a little better shape. Any bets on how long Nathan is the closer before we move on to Soria? Enough negativity though... opening day is here. Go Tigers!
Personally, I'm giving Nathan till Memorial day and then look and see what he's done, if he's looking good and doing the job, great, if he's struggling badly then I would move on to Soria at that point.

It would be nice to see Nathan bounce back and have a year like he's capable of.

Price goes 9.2 innings of No runs and 5 hit ball :biggrin.

Nathan comes into the game with 2 out in the ninth and finishes off Torii Hunter with a K, I haven't seen it yet, but Torii didn't like the call at all ... It must have been a bad call, Torii rarely ever argues a call.

In other "in case your curious" news....
Max Scherzer went into the 6th with a No hitter, then his defense let him down ( thier SS Desmond made 2 errors, is Max having visions of IGGY yet ?) and he gave up 3 unearned runs and lost 3-1.

Fun day at the ballpark today. Warmed up to around 60 and Price was on fire. Honestly I was surprised Asmus gave him the chance to pitch the 9th, I figured he would give Nathan the ball for that inning to give him an easy confidence boost. Not a save, but a 4-0 lead should be easy to close and gain some confidence. Instead he did get a save by getting one out with 2 on and 2 outs.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_0087.JPG.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 136
Fun day at the ballpark today. Warmed up to around 60 and Price was on fire. Honestly I was surprised Asmus gave him the chance to pitch the 9th, I figured he would give Nathan the ball for that inning to give him an easy confidence boost. Not a save, but a 4-0 lead should be easy to close and gain some confidence. Instead he did get a save by getting one out with 2 on and 2 outs.
Last time I went to an early season game, it was windy and 35*. ugh.

Nice seat! Like Jimbo my last opening day game was freezing cold.

After an over 3 hour rain delay, the Tigers and Twins played today ... the rain delay was good for me , except for the fact tat I worked in it all day, I was able to get off work and see this 1 pm scheduled game !

Tigers win 7-1 today and now move on to Cleveland.

Tigers posted an AL record for scoreless inning posted to start a season.
Tigers pitchers went 24 inning straight before giving up a run.

The Tigs are off to a good start again today. The pitching has been great so far this year. I'm sure some of that can be attributed to the Twins lineup though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts