3 Receivers, 3 Dishes, and it all worked until...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Duh Dish

Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Alaska
We moved our bedroom upstairs and the 722 DVR went with. Works fine. Moved the 311 downstairs into the room the 722 came out of. It now has no signal and a switch test says no switch box detected. The 211 in a third room is also working. The switch is a DPP 33 w/separator. All were working properly before we made the change. What is wrong? The whole system has always seemed a bit overdone, considering the "dish garden" in our yard, but they said we needed three dishes to get HD and local channels. I just want it to work. Any ideas?

You moved the separator with the 722? There should be no separator on the 301 or 211.

You moved the separator with the 722? There should be no separator on the 301 or 211.
Thanks for your response! No, the separator is hooked up to the TV with the DVR. The switch is in the crawl space where the lines from the three dishes are fed into the house.

Thanks for your response! No, the DPP 33 switch w/separator is in the crawl space where the lines from the three dishes are fed in.

Why did your installer put a separator in a crawl space, rather than using the two pigtails that came attached to the separator for use on back of the 722? :confused: Is it possible the "separator" in the crawl space is actually a diplexer?

The DPP33, of which I have one too, can feed up to 3 dual-tuner receivers with one cable each. But that assumes a separator on the back of each receiver. If it's somewhere else, you'd have to throw away the pigtails and run two lines, one for each tuner.

Wow, talk about a brain fart... the receiver was hooked up to the antennae instead of the satellite. How did I discover this? Got out the manual and started from page one. Did another switch test. Now it reads: Satellite reception verified. How lovely to see a big green line and hear a sweet tone. Hence: DUH Dish. Again, many thanks for helping me get my head on straight!

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)