4/06/2015 16:00 - Uplink Report - 4 Changes

Uplink PC

Uplink Report PC
Original poster
May 31, 2014
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Report - 4/06/2015 16:00 - 4 Changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 4/06/2015 15:54 - 4/06/2015 16:00 (PST)

Name Changed:
245 - OVATN [MPEG4 SD] Echostar16 61.5W TP 12 Conus renamed to ARTS (Classic Arts Showcase)(A)
245 - OVATN [MPEG2 SD] EchoStar11 110W TP 01 ConUS renamed to ARTS (Classic Arts Showcase)(A)
4576 - OVATN [MPEG4 SD] Echostar16 61.5W TP 12 Conus renamed to ARTS (Classic Arts Showcase)(A)(H)
4576 - OVATN [MPEG2 SD] EchoStar11 110W TP 01 ConUS renamed to ARTS (Classic Arts Showcase)(A)(H)

Channels in the system: 9685
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2014 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

SatelliteGuys Uplink PC Version 1.0.0

© 2014 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

That's odd, I think that Hubbard (which owns Reelz) handles distribution of Ovation (they own part of it). I would think that Reelz would be involved too.

Nothing on Ovation's website, twitter, or facebook about it. Surprised they didn't have the "Dish dropped us" message ready to go. I assume Dish would let them know ahead of time that they would be dropped.

It says...

DISH continually evaluates the content we carry to provide the best value for our customers. As a result, this channel is no longer available.

so what should go there next? WFN - World fishing network or Weathernation tell me i am happy with both since world fishing network on channel 394 should be taken out of blockbuster @ home since we don't subscribe to that package.

"Ovation?" What was the programming? I don't think we've ever watched it. And "Arts?"

Looked it up. Nothing there. And "Arts" is suspect, is VERY temporary, soon to be replaced with - NADA. Perhaps better bandwidth for the remaining channels.

Do they even have their own website? Other than Hubbard? No schedule? Why were they EVER on Dish? Cheap? I can't even find what they used to broadcast. I suspect they are near extinction.

http://www.ovationtv.com/dish/ : DISH discontinued carriage of Ovation on April 6th, after carrying the channel for nearly seven years. As a result, DISH subscribers are now denied access to Ovation, America’s only arts network, whose mission is to inspire the world through all forms of art and artistic expression.

Please tell us what you enjoyed most about the network; our art-centric programming, critically acclaimed original features such as A Young Doctor’s Notebook, The Fashion Fund, Song By Song, The Artful Detective, The Art Of,American Canvas, or other shows and specials that you will miss.

E-mail your comments to us and we will be sure to share them with DISH:

info@ovationtv.com

Since it’s not clear when or even if Ovation will return to DISH’s lineup, you can search for alternative providers in your area to ensure you get back your access to your favorite arts and cultural programming. Simply click here:

http://www.ovationtv.com/zipcode/

The history of Ovation on Dish Network is so convoluted it's almost funny.
Dish Network refused to carry Ovation for over a decade. At one point Dish considered it, and it was reported to have been uplinked (not confirmed), but during one of the Charlie Chats, Charlie was asked point blank about this channel. He simply said it was too expensive. That is the last we heard of Ovation where it concerns Dish.

Completely unrelated, Dish was forced via court ruling to carry a channel owned by Vivendi (Universal), a company Dish collaborated with on the attempt to merge/take over with DirecTV. The channel was a crappy music video channel called International Music Feed.
Not surprisingly, no one else in the US picked up this really bad music channel. Ovation swooped in and bought the channel (and the carriage contract with Dish). It then disbanded IMF and converted it to Ovation. Dish now had Ovation. This happened only 7 or so years ago.

Fast forward to today... I am guessing that the contractual obligation with Vivendi (now Ovation), ended!

POOF! Ovation is gone again.

Reactions: DWS44 and TheKrell
This was my entry about the IMF/Ovation switch in January of 2008 on the EKB - I wish I had time to keep up that blog So many things since 2010 have happened. :)

1/7/08 (no changes, just news)

• According to Multi-Channel News, Ovation will be replacing International Music Feed on channel 157 Wednesday
    • Dish Network ? which added IMF in April 2005 and kept the channel on its lineup as part of a litigation settlement with Universal Music ? will position Ovation on IMF?s channel location (157) Wednesday.
      • A historical note from the EKB, with the Exception of Goodlife TV (which is now American Life TV) this is the last channel remaining that Dish was supposedly going to add to the AT150 package when it was formed. Nick GAS, VHI Classic, Style, Fox Movie Channel CurrenTV (which was Trio at the time), GAC, Wisdom (which became Lime and then went under) and Much Music USA (now Fuse) were listed as coming May 2000 or at least that summer on TV listings. (News World International went away before it was ever added to the listed channel 211). They trickled in one by one over the last 8 years. Ovation, originally listed on channel 127 way back in April 2000. That channel number is now the home to Oxygen. Tony.
        • Correction! Trio was purchased by NBC/Universal Networks and became "Sleuth" (Added to Dish 6/9/06). NewsWorld International became Current TV.

I went to their Facebook page -- they have a grand total of 4 posts from people wondering where it went... I remember when Cinemoi went away on DirecTV (which was even more niche and was there for less than a year) they had at least 60. So something tells me it's not coming back -- that said, Ovation hasn't been proactive and telling people that it's on DirecTV... maybe they could help them pick up 2 or 3 new subs lol

N

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts