4K Joey Netflix...........

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I know, but that doesn't make it any less annoying... Dish claims to offer Netflix on their Hopper platform, the 4K Joey is the top of the line Joey product and has no Netflix. Someone at Dish needs to go over and slap someone at Netflix upside the head and get their ass moving on this...

Reactions: mackie99
Even my fridge has netflix but no netflix on 4k joey. Good job dish. Promised how long ago???

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: brad1138
I find the argument that it is in Netflicks hands. Well uncomfortable. I am not saying Scott was not told that. But makes little sense. Netflicks is on all smart TV's DVR's smart phones, Amazon fire stick, Ruko. All tablets, platforms IOS PC Android. All kinds. Also web based/browser. This includes the H2 and H3. All joeys except the 4K joey. At this point Netflicks throws up there hands and says, "Sorry folks gonna be a while". Also it has been soooooo long but I thought it did work and was removed at one point. Did they loose the software? The whole thing just stinks. Smells of a dispute. Just nothing said about it. Have a great Thanksgiving all!!

Reactions: Troch77
Netflix adding 4K capability and approving the H3 right around release... and this smells like a dispute? How? You're right that all those devices have it, but how many of those devices are clients? Not the same thing... the way I have heard it is it has to do with the security... nothing I have seen looks anything like a dispute at all.

Correct me if I am wrong the Joey 4K is two year old box. Did it not win in CES 2015?
You're not imagining things. Here's Scott at CES 2015 talking about the Dish 4K Joey:
IMG_2010.JPG

That said, just because Dish showed off the 4K Joey at CES is totally different from releasing it for sale and installation, which as we know didn't happen until February of 2016. We don't know if Echostar was able to get production 4K Joeys into Netflix's hands early enough to code and test. It may be Dish told Netflix the version for the Hopper 3 was more important than the 4K Joey since we know that most of Dish 4K Customers have a Hopper 3, but fewer customers have 4k Joeys.

I call it bull as well. It's crazy the wait is this long for an established company.... and an established platform. How can any other Smart TV, Streaming Box, etc. be released with Netflix 4k without an issue? It's just very bizarre. Heck Joey 4k still doesn't have Youtube, and many other apps the Hopper does. In the grand scheme of things though, I don't see any reason for anyone actually needing it. Aren't all 4k sets some kind of Smart TV already having the app? I could understand regular HD TVs because some are older and not "smart tv".

The regular Joeys do not have YouTube and I don't believe YouTube was ever promised on anything other than the H3.

Don't forget that Netflix is somewhat of a competing entity to a satellite company. Be thankful for what you've got and have some patience for what is to come.

Don't forget that Netflix is somewhat of a competing entity to a satellite company. Be thankful for what you've got and have some patience for what is to come.
pat is right about that i am still waiting for my favorite music apps to come to the hopper 3 dvr chances of that happening is like me trying to win the lotto slim to none :)

pat is right about that i am still waiting for my favorite music apps to come to the hopper 3 dvr chances of that happening is like me trying to win the lotto slim to none :)
If I've learned anything, it's don't wait for Dish for something that you really want, especially when that something is easily and cheaply accessible via another means. I am sure your favorite musdic app is available on Chrome Stick or another streaming device if you want it on your TV bad enough. Why wait? And as a bonus you'll have access to another 50,000 apps.

If I've learned anything, it's don't wait for Dish for something that you really want, especially when that something is easily and cheaply accessible via another means. I am sure your favorite musdic app is available on Chrome Stick or another streaming device if you want it on your TV bad enough. Why wait? And as a bonus you'll have access to another 50,000 apps.
you are right about that eventually dish will get to those music services eventually i have been try to get those ones you guys already know about for along time.i have never tired a chromestick before.

The regular Joeys do not have YouTube and I don't believe YouTube was ever promised on anything other than the H3.

So what? What would that have to do with Neflicks. I have three smart tv's. All have netflicks utube and many other apps. My 4K Samsung DVD player same, ps4 same, Firestick same. and on and on. This is a dispute NOT a software issue. IMO. And until Scott can clear it up. I am all in on that thereoy

Well considering each of those devices serve as their own host, and the Joeys and Hoppers have Netflix, including the new H3 that released AFTER the 4K Joey. What would that dispute be? Is it the easiest answer you can think of? Scott has already said it is around the corner, so please do tell why that would be during a dispute? Your basis is illogical and completely off the wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)