$5 off gone, 50% back?

That's the report form @SomeDishGuy an active employee on the inside

They're all 50% right now. The $5 off deal has gone away, all the premiums are back to half off. HBO is currently $9.50, Max/Sho/Starz are currently $7.00, Multi Sports is back to $5.50, stuff like Encore, Epix, and BB@H are all still 50% off too, but they stayed there.

(edit) Not going to be available for everybody. Especially HBO. If you've had HBO at a discount, you can't get it again for 60 or 90 days (brain fade, can't remember which one) at the discount. Also, some customers do not qualify for the discounted premiums.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

@SomeDishGuy Has things changed in the past month or does this CSR have outdated information?

[ME]: Yes I heard that HBO was back at 50% off for 6 months for new HBO subscribers, is this true?
[Chat CSR]: HBO is no longer part of the 50% offer for 6 months.
[Chat CSR]: But we do have the combo offer for HBO and Cinemax for only $20 per month for 6 months.
[ME]: I was told that all premiums including HBO was 50% after the $5 off promo ended recently.
[Chat CSR]: No, [Name]. Only Starz, Cinemax and Showtime are available at 50% off for 6 months.

@SomeDishGuy Has things changed in the past month or does this CSR have outdated information?

[ME]: Yes I heard that HBO was back at 50% off for 6 months for new HBO subscribers, is this true?
[Chat CSR]: But we do have the combo offer for HBO and Cinemax for only $20 per month for 6 months.
[ME]: I was told that all premiums including HBO was 50% after the $5 off promo ended recently.
[Chat CSR]: No, [Name]. Only Starz, Cinemax and Showtime are available at 50% off for 6 months.

Try again. I just got HBO 1/2 off for 6 months about 2 weeks ago. HBO ONLY--No Max.

Ed

The CSR is correct. There is no discount of any type available on HBO programming any longer (save for the HBO/Max combo). If you've already got one, it will continue until it runs out (and will not be able to be renewed), but there are none any longer. As the CSR noted, you can still do the HBO/Max combo for $20 for six months, but the only way to get HBO otherwise is to pay $19.

This is VERY recent, and to the other poster, yes, you would have been able to get HBO for half price a couple of weeks ago. But the HBO offer has disappeared since then. And no...I have no idea why.

(edit) Not going to be available for everybody. Especially HBO. If you've had HBO at a discount, you can't get it again for 60 or 90 days (brain fade, can't remember which one) at the discount. Also, some customers do not qualify for the discounted premiums.
I got the 50% off HBO deal the same day my $5.00 off period expired via chat.

I had Hbo for like 6 months at $14.50 and I ended in September and DISH also gave me $20.00 off for 6 months that ends this month. I called this month and added Hbo back for $9.50 for 6 months. THat is the only way I will buy HBO now is either FREE, 1/2 off or off set with Credits to pay for it. It is way too high at $19.00 a month. I will be calling back to get more credits next month like the loyalty csr said I should do.

Reactions: old corps
I had Hbo for like 6 months at $14.50 and I ended in September...I called this month and added Hbo back for $9.50 for 6 months.

That's exactly what I did as well...matter of fact, the CSR then told me I could get any or ALL premiums for 1/2 off 6 months as well; I declined & she told me that if I wanted to do (the others) at a later time, I could do that as well.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Has anyone been able to get a credit for this if you are on AEP? Starz is already part of that, but I wonder if you can just get a $7 credit for it if you mention this promo?

Probably not, since theoretically tou are getting a bundle discount for the AEP. Theoretically the key word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)