625 with popping audio

kc5deb

Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
I just seemed to notice tonight that my 625 has a "popping" coming from the speakers of my surround system. It's constant throughout any audio coming through the speakers, and doesn't do it upon changing channels.

The system is using software L413, everything checks out good, and I have the audio running through an optical cable to my surround system.

At first I thought I might have faulty speakers, but, when I switch my tuner to DVD, or FM tuner, no popping at all, and everything's still crisp with no popping.

Anyone else experiencing this? I've had the 625 for 4-5 months now, and this is the first time I've ever noticed a "popping" before.

Same problem here. I just found this forum, so I haven't checked if it's only on TV 2 (as some have reported).

I am hooked up with an optical cable to a Sony receiver, and I have verified that the RCA cables do not exhibit this popping.

I do not have a different cable to try, but I did hook up the cable to my Playstation 2, and the audio was perfect from that. I think this rules out the cable and the Sony receiver's optical jack from being the culprit.

I do know that turning the 625 off and back on eliminates the issue, but it eventually comes back. This makes sense with the "TV 2" possibility, since after a reset I assume I'm on TV 1 by default at first.

I am moving this weekend, and an installer is coming to the new house to put a new dish in. Should I request they bring a new receiver at the same time, or isn't it going to be that easy to get them to replace it?

Thanks,
Eric

I am having a sound problem with my 625, I would call it more a crackling sound that happens after the Dish receiver is on for awhile, if I turn off it goes away but comes back.

I have done these things
1) Called Dish and they sent out a replacement receiver, no dice.
2) Checked my cables everything looked fine but with cold and snow didn't inspect the outside thoroughly.
3) Changed optical cables and input ports.
4) Made sure the grounding block was tight and grounded. Well try a new GB this week sometime (figure I should upgrade to a dual anyways).

I just plugged everything into a different surge protector so I'll see if that has any affect.

I recommend we all e-mail Dish and let them know about this, since it sounds like a 413 software issue.

Same problem hear too, hope one of their engineers read about here and try to fix it. I only get it on my tv with the optical output hooked up.

I noticed it this week on my 522 -- so it seems it might be a software issue, if indeed we're hearing the same snap-crackle-popping. It seems intermittent. I noticed it this week watching a recording of "Lost" but did not hear it last night watching recorded programs from the Food Network.

All I can advise is for everyone to call dish support and let them know this problem is affecting them and how it (imo) makes watching dish unbearable after awhile. Also remember it's now 2-19-07 and I personally noted this problem to Dish Jan. 1st.

I did call the Dish executive office about this issue and how it's causing me to rething being a Dish customer, let's just say the 1st person I called the experience wasn't what you would call good, in fact it was a pretty bad experience where I was told that yes Dish admits a problem on their end but oh well, they'll fix it when they can. I know with Dish sometimes it's best to call back and try again so the second time I called I met with better success, the rep understood me a little better and though I won't give out details, I can say I'll give dish some more time before doing anything.

I hope feverently that Dish network starts testing things better and have a better beta program. I know bugs crop up that can cause some annoyance but when the bug affects all programming/recordings that's too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)