722K + OTA Module

At that range, they probably will, but less than using the entire East face of the roof as a reflector, channeling noise into an antenna that isn't properly polarized.

How deep is that eave?

In that case, what you should be looking for is a set of standoffs that will allow you to anchor one to the eave and one to the siding. The clamps on the standoff really need to be 12-18" apart (vertically) to hold the mast steady.

The other option would be to get another 39" J-pole (about $23 at SumSrc?), put that on the fascia, and use DirecTV-style "monopoles" to tie the mast at the top and put two more lag screws in the roof. Naturally, you'd only put the monopoles in after you verify that the antenna is picking up CBS again, and you don't have to fiddle with the antenna placement anymore.

I know this is getting complicated and expensive, but if you just muscle through this first hard bit, you'll never have to pay to watch Football on Fox or Good Morning America again...

You kinda lost me at Standoffs....lol

Can you link to one (possible a picture of one that is used in a mounting process)

What are "monopoles"?

These are standoffs:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Channel-Master-3079-Universal-antenna/dp/B000BSI9VS/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_a"]Amazon.com: Channel Master 3079 - Antenna mount kit (pack of 2 ): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31CjTKsVppL.@@AMEPARAM@@31CjTKsVppL[/ame]

You need a really short one on the fascia, and a really long one on the siding, so that the two clamping sections align vertically. If you can find offset standoffs, you can use that 5' straight section for your antenna, and you'll be just fine.

I suppose you could also use the standard standoffs, drop the 5' section a foot below the eave line, and then use monopoles to secure the bottom of the mast to the siding, too.

These are monopoles:

Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audio/Video, Satellite, Cable, DSS

Unfortunately, these are designed for a 2" mast, and you need something for a 1-5/8" mast. I've seen guys use a section of PVC pipe to make sleeve bushings and such, if you're feeling adventurous.

Here's the 39" J-pole:

Winegard DS3000 39" Inch J-Mount DBS Satellite Dish Pipe for Antenna TV J Pipe DBS Satellite Outdoor Wall Support for Off-Air Free to Air, Rooftop Base Mast Tube, Part # DS3000: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audio/

...Or you could just use a tripod mount on the highest crest of your roof, but that's a b!tch to ground.

Question: Can I get 2 10 foot pieces of 1 5/8" pipe and get some kind of coupler to join them together, then dig a 2 foot hole and cement the base in the ground and then mount the antenna at the top??

EDIT: 1 5/8" pipe is what they use for chain link fence post isn't it?

Last edited:
I was going to cement the base and use a standoff on the eave (for securing/stabilizing) the top half...

Check with you local ACE hardware store, they stock or can order Channel Master 30 ft and 40 ft telescoping masts.

I've had good luck with buying ACE on line and having it shipped to local store.

ACE advertises 30 ft for $99 - free shipping to local store.

Got my 722k installed just a bit ago, so far I like it! I am so glad they changed the remotes up....I have gotten so tired of looking at that same silver remote for the past 10 years...lol

Still need to contact DISH about why one of my local OTA channels is not showing up in my channel guide even though I subscribe to locals through DISH (in SD).

Last edited:
I don't like the 21.0 remote's feel in-hand. Feels like I'm trying to wrap my hand around a two-by-four, but I've gotten used to it. The silver 5.3/6.3 remotes fit my hands much better.

The fact that an OTA channel guide doesn't work doesn't suprise me if it's a channel that Dish doesn't carry. I get no guide data for one of the religious channels (5 subchannels total), and I also get no guide data for my THiS channel (29.2), even though CW (29.1) is carried by Dish and I get full guide data for them.

The fact that an OTA channel guide doesn't work doesn't suprise me if it's a channel that Dish doesn't carry. I get no guide data for one of the religious channels (5 subchannels total), and I also get no guide data for my THiS channel (29.2), even though CW (29.1) is carried by Dish and I get full guide data for them.
DISH does carry the channel. I get full guide information for that DISH channel, but the same OTA channel I get "Digital Programming". All the other *.1 channels I get have guide data that matches the DISH equivalent except 19.1 (Which I watch frequently ie. Survivor, etc.).

I pick up 11 total channels with the OTA antenna and most of them (the .2, .3, .4 channels) that DISH doesn't carry have no guide information, which is fine with me. I don't watch those anyway.

Last edited:
DISH does carry the channel. I get full guide information for that DISH channel, but the same OTA channel I get "Digital Programming".
I have one of those in the Washington DC DMA: WPXW, our local Ion affiliate. I would really like to see the guilde for the digital subchannels. But alas, that and the main channel are all "Digital Service", and have been since the transition.

What weird to me is I do get the digital subchannel (*.1) for the other 3 local stations (ABC channel 7, NBC channel 56, & FOX channel 51).

I have rescanned my locals and forced a guide download.

Ok I've changed my mind again...lol

What I am going to do now is get a 4X4X16 post, dig a 2 foot hole, concrete the post in the ground then get some 1 5/8" pipe and mount it to the 4X4......

That way I can mount the antenna any where I want........lol Take that multi-path!

Size?

Ok I've changed my mind again...lol

What I am going to do now is get a 4X4X16 post, dig a 2 foot hole, concrete the post in the ground then get some 1 5/8" pipe and mount it to the 4X4......

That way I can mount the antenna any where I want........lol Take that multi-path!

4 inches by 4 inches by 16 inches? Hows that gonna help you? Or do you mean 4 by 4 inches by 16 ft ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts