722K System Wizard

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
Does anyone else here have a problem with the System Wizard randomly popping up at times? I've noticed that once every few months one of my 722k's will just start spazzing out and going into the System Wizard randomly. Once it got stuck on the System Wizard "please wait or cancel" and just sat there, while playing what I was watching in the background. I reset the receiver and it still came back after the reboot. Finally after mashing CANCEL a bunch of times it finally decided to quit doing that.

What's up with that?

Oh great... It's back with a vengeance now!! It won't go away... Tried soft and hard resets!! What next?? Is it dying?

The screen that keeps popping up is 380 "Entering System Wizard... Please Wait or Cancel."

Pressing Cancel does nothing... Pressing "View Live TV" makes it go away then come back. Pressing the power button makes it go into standby for a split second then it turns itself back on and the same message pops up... ARGH!!

Occasionally it will pull up a 926 "There was an error in this process." Pressing cancel makes the 380 screen come back up!! This sucks...

I started System Wizard on mine (big mistake) and had the same problem. Only way I found to stop it was to let it finish doing it's thing which took over an hour.

I started System Wizard on mine (big mistake) and had the same problem. Only way I found to stop it was to let it finish doing it's thing which took over an hour.

Yikes... Worst part is the remote was several feet away when this started! It just came up on its own... By the way it's still doing it lol...

EDIT: Finally... 45 minutes later, it's gone... Just enough time to make me miss my show!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)