a couple questions

dohhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
costa rica
Hey All...What is the reason for not being able to access "our other sites" on SatGuys. I have noticed this has not been available for about a week.
Also, Am using the 72/77 sats and am not able to get the channel lineup in the 4000s. They don't even show up on my tv.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dohhead

Yeah, I noticed that too. The tab, OUR OTHER SITES, goes to the home page for no apparent reason. You can use that little down arrow to the right of the words and still select the other sites.

I just checked DishChanelChart.com, and there are plenty of channels on 72.7 in the 4000's, but I only use the mapdown numbers since they're more memorable. I have no idea what's wrong with your setup.

The link for other sites not working was reported in the Operations thread. Must be a problem getting it to work.

When you say the channels in the 4000 range,do mean literally those channels or not the mapdowns either? Did you check to make sure you are actually looking at 72.7? If you haven't, do a check switch and/or a hard reset. (Unplug the receiver, wait about 10 seconds and plug it back in)

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks for the responses. OK, I'm going to show my "complete ignorance" on the last reply.:))))
I need to know what a "mapdown" is(help) and also the channels do not appear on the tv. My tv channel guide goes from 800s to 5100s.
We are aligned to the 72.7 and the 77.
Will be waiting for some answers.
Have a great day!
Dohhead( see, I come by that name honestly)

Most channels have two locations. It has a primary, which is what you see, and a map down, which is what is commonly used. A map down example, would be the locals, are usually in the 6000's and 9000's, but most people tune to something like 003-00. It's just easier to remember. It's also useful when it comes to HD and SD versions of channels, where they have completely different primary channels, but their map down will be identical(see previous reference of 003-00, would also be 003-00HD)

Reactions: TheKrell
What receiver and what package do you have. On my Hopper most of the channels in the 800's are foreign language,
I don't see any 5000's. I jump from 998 to 9393.
I'm also on the earc and have an HWS.

Thanks for the clarification on the map down. I am still on the 222K( love it, trouble free)., have the 200 pkg. I am just going by the SG channel lists that show the 4000s and up. Maybe no one has them??? Is that possible?:))))
I really appreciate all the help from you guys. It's a great forum, learn so much. Keep up the good work!

Dohead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)