A&E Networks coming to Sling TV

Sling TV to deliver A+E Networks’ channels by end of March

· A&E, HISTORY, H2 and Lifetime to join “Best of Live TV” core package priced at $20 per month

· “Lifestyle Extra” launches with truTV, Cooking Channel, DIY and WE tv, with FYI and LMN coming soon, priced at $5 per month

· “World News Extra” launches with Bloomberg TV, HLN, Euro News, France 24 and more, priced at $5 per month

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., March 17, 2015 – Sling TV today announced that four A+E Networks’ channels – A&E, HISTORY, H2 and Lifetime – will be available in its “Best of Live TV” core package by the end of March. The company’s core package will remain priced at $20 per month. With this update also comes the introduction of two new add-on packs, “Lifestyle Extra” and “World News Extra,” each priced at an additional $5 per month.

“After only six weeks in market, we’re working towards nearly doubling the size of our ‘Best of Live TV’ core package while preserving our attractive $20 price point,” said Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV. “With the upcoming arrival of A+E Networks’ highly-rated content, Sling TV will soon include 20 networks for just $20 per month.”

The addition of A+E Networks to the Sling TV programming portfolio will give customers access to popular series like The Returned, Bates Motel, Duck Dynasty, Vikings, Pawn Stars, Dance Moms and Project Runway. Sling TV will announce A+E Networks’ launch date and Video-On-Demand availability within the coming weeks.

Sling TV’s new “Lifestyle Extra” includes truTV, Cooking Channel, DIY and WE tv, with A+E Networks’ FYI and LMN coming soon, while the “World News Extra” features Bloomberg TV, HLN, Euro News, France 24, NDTV 24/7, News 18 and Russia Today.

“With the launch of ‘Lifestyle Extra’ and ‘World News Extra,’ our customers can now choose from a total of five add-on packs to better customize their Sling TV experience based on their viewing preferences,” said Lynch.

Together, the two new add-on packs replace Sling TV’s originally offered “News & Info Extra” that previously included Cooking Channel, DIY, Bloomberg TV and HLN. Effective immediately, Sling TV’s “News & Info Extra” is no longer available for purchase. Sling TV plans to provide existing “News & Info Extra” subscribers with both the “Lifestyle Extra” and “World News Extra” for a total of $5 per month.

Sling TV’s “Best of Live TV” $20 core package deliversESPN, ESPN2, AMC, TNT, TBS, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, IFC, El Rey, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, ABC Family, Disney Channel, CNN and Galavision, with A&E, HISTORY, H2 and Lifetime coming soon. This package additionally features access to WatchESPN, including ESPN3 and an array of VOD entertainment. Customers can choose to tailor their entertainment experience with optional “Sports Extra,” “Hollywood Extra,” “Kids Extra,” and now the “Lifestyle Extra” and “World News Extra” add-on packs, each priced at $5 per month. In addition to live channels and VOD entertainment, Sling TV customers have access to content from Maker Studios.

Big news all around for Sling TV subs today. This core package is a great value IMO, especially now.

An hour ago I posted I was cancelling due to lack of channels...

IMO, a few more channels: USA, SYFY, Discovery, FX and National Geographic and SLING would be a serious player.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
since Longmire left is their anything on A&E worth a crap? So the more things change the more they stay the same. Yet another tv service starting off on the wrong foot. Seriously are their many channels anywhere that are LESS watched? I think Longmire is the ONLY relevant show A&E has had in it's existence and they tossed it away. why would you put it on another service?

IIRC, A&E didnt produce Longmire so they weren`t getting that huge a payoff for it. Having moved to Netflix, am eager to see Season 4.

A&E`s yesteryear programming was much better: American Justice, Biography, Night at the Improv, World at War, good documentaries. Law and order reruns, the fugitive etc

I thought it sucked then and it's even worse now. i wish dish would drop it completely not add it to sling

An hour ago I posted I was cancelling due to lack of channels...

IMO, a few more channels: USA, SYFY, Discovery, FX and National Geographic and SLING would be a serious player.

Add channel:
Best of Live TV Package
: USA, SYFY,FX,FXX, Discovery, Animal Planet, NATGEO, Velocity, HDNET.
Sports Extra: FS1, FS2, NBC Sport.
Sports Plus: Tennis, Golf
Kids Extra : Discovery Family, Hallmark
Hollywood Extra: Reelz
Other package for the rest of Discovery's channels.
Premium services.

If a DISH offered a similar via satellite, a lower scale satellite service (for the DVR and SAP feature not available in SLINGTV) i move. with a option without ESPN, better.

BEST of Satellite TV Package: $29.99
Blockbuster@Home $10.00

IIRC, A&E didnt produce Longmire so they weren`t getting that huge a payoff for it. Having moved to Netflix, am eager to see Season 4.

A&E`s yesteryear programming was much better: American Justice, Biography, Night at the Improv, World at War, good documentaries. Law and order reruns, the fugitive etc

American Justice & City Confidential, Cold Case Files were my favorite shows on A&E. Since Longmire is gone to Netflix, and The Glades was cancelled last year, Bates Motel is the only show I watch now. After its cancelled I will say goodbye to A&E forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never got into The Galdes but Longmire and Bates Motel I really enjoyed. Can;t argue w/ American Justice & City Confidential, Cold Case Files either...

Anyone know if these new channels will be limited to "live only" (like TNT, ESPN, etc.) or will they allow some DVR functions and VOD (like HGTV, Food Network, etc.)? I really hope it is the latter!

It changed it's name, it is AXS.tv and found on 167.
But it's not HDNet. None of the programming that was on HDNet is on AXS.tv. It's a different channel. It's like asking for Discovery Wings (changed to Military Channel and Now AHC), or CBS Eye on People! (Changed to Discovery People, Discovery Health and Now OWN) The channels were repurposed and don't exist. HDNet does not exist and hasn't for over 3 years.

since Longmire left is their anything on A&E worth a crap? So the more things change the more they stay the same. Yet another tv service starting off on the wrong foot. Seriously are their many channels anywhere that are LESS watched? I think Longmire is the ONLY relevant show A&E has had in it's existence and they tossed it away. why would you put it on another service?
It is not about the A&E channel, but the A&E OWNED channels that is the big news. That means the addition of History and H2 and Lifetime, all popular channels with popular programming. That's the value, not so much the A&E channel itself.

But it's not HDNet. None of the programming that was on HDNet is on AXS.tv. It's a different channel. It's like asking for Discovery Wings (changed to Military Channel and Now AHC), or CBS Eye on People! (Changed to Discovery People, Discovery Health and Now OWN) The channels were repurposed and don't exist. HDNet does not exist and hasn't for over 3 years.

AXS.tv have several programing when HDNET. like Smart Travels Europe and other travel relate program, Live concert, Nothing But Trailers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts