A New OpenBox Firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh, would I LIKE THAT! Unless they enable seeing the channel about to be deleted, I'll stick with the DEC2011 FW.
I agree. I would like the small view screen also. But I liked the colors and the "over the top" menu display enough to give up the view screen. I just view, they speak something other than English, mark the channel down, then go delete them. A pain, but it works.

RT.

I am seeing the sync issue on some channels. Not sure how much I care, but I guess if I do I'll have to put back Dec 2011 and do a lot of editing. I have not had any motor issues with this firmware, so that might just outweigh the sync issue.

I still after almost 3 -weeks have not had the first lock-up. However, initially I could not find any lip-sync issues, but like anything else after using it awhile I have found a few. This morning I was going back and going through different versions again. Ran into lock-ups or real bad lip-sync. None blind scanned as well as this one. So I am back with this one so far. I too miss the small screen when editing, but have got used to it now. I do the same thing just make a bunch of scribbles on a piece of paper and then do it that way.

Oh btw instead of making a new thread since this one is called "a new openbox firmware". There is a new one for the Openbox X3 it is dated 07-05, it is up in the download area. I don't have a X3 so try at your own risk.;) It supposed to add subtitles which I guess means CC.

it would be nice if the editing screen would scroll to the next channel after selecting like other receivers,instead of having to manually scroll up or down for each channel.

Oh btw instead of making a new thread since this one is called "a new openbox firmware". There is a new one for the Openbox X3 it is dated 07-05, it is up in the download area. I don't have a X3 so try at your own risk.;) It supposed to add subtitles which I guess means CC.

Subtitles (in use worldwide) are different than Closed Captioning used in North America. Once again, we chose a method that is different than the rest of the world.... :mad:

there was a boxing wildfeed on 91w that the subtitle button on remote worked,but nothing showed on the screen.
The choices were English and off.
Usually it says no data

I loaded this firmware on my S10 and it's working beautifully. In my opinion the best one I've seen. No lock ups and everything seems snappy. I did notice some lip sync after a few days, but turning off & on seemed to clear it up for me. THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT!

I loaded this firmware last weekend on my s9. Nice colors, smaller volume bar, three-column fav channel display. Played with it for about an hour, no lipsync issues, no lockups on SD or HD channels on Ku. Did not test pvr functions. The firmware overall was a disappointment. It tunes in channels *slower*, may be a half second delay now. This wouldn't be a show stopper but the channel editor is awful in this version. *No channel preview* :O, can't use remote's colored function buttons to quickly 'delete', or 'skip' channels. For every action now has to navigate to the right half of the editor screen and click the soft buttons. Takes forever to edit channels in this version. And I could never figure out how to rename Favorite group names from default fav1, fav2, etc. to meaningful names that I had before.

with alieditor you have to have at least 1 channel in the group to edit the name.
You select a channel in the editor and select group, favorite 1 say as an example.
The you go to the favorites section and highlight that channel in the favorites and right click.
It then gives you the option to rename the group.

Has the channel delete (from memory) been fixed in any other releases? my version is still a pain in the arse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts