AMIKO A3 IPTV app broken

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
I was trying to figure out how to get more content through my A3 this evening and I decided to check out the "A3 IPTV" app but when I access it is seems to be broken. None of the icons come up like I remember seeing it do in the past and there's an error message on the bottom of the screen that I don't have a clue about.

I remember looking at this app once last year and it seemed to be working then.
I can't find it in any of the app stores or the google play store, I thought maybe reinstalling it might fix it but I don't know where it came from to begin with. Maybe it's baked in from the factory?

After the box had a catastrophic meltdown last year (AFTER it was fixed and returned from me messing it up on day one) I left it sitting for months untouched until a few weeks ago when I got off my duff and recovered it following directions from the gurus. It's worked almost perfectly since then with the exception of a lock up last night which may have been caused by severe weather.

Because I have no idea what this error means or how to fix it I'll just post a copy of the screen it gives me when I try to access it.

Thanks..

GET SCREEN SHOT 0.7577033550478518.jpeg

Edit: It's hard to read from jpg messing it up so it says:

Missing AdActivity with android:configChanges in AndroidManifest.xml

After poking about in there this morning I found that there are like lists maybe you call them, many with names of different countries.
Some of them are empty and some have little grey IPTV icons and some don't.

So I guess it's not actually broken after all. However that red box with the error message persists.
It doesn't seem to stop the system from working and now I'm wondering it it is something to do with a baked in advertisement gadget that broke?
I am hoping this doesn't lead to some other problems later on.

When I look on the A3 info screen there is a message that says "Fail/OK/OK" which I'm a bit nervous about.

I swear and promise that I have not been messing with anything. Not even a little. Nothing beyond ~looking~ at the info screen or cautiously opening a few of the stock apps.

Attachments

• GET SCREEN SHOT 0.7680633801501244.jpeg
    GET SCREEN SHOT 0.7680633801501244.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 330
  • GET SCREEN SHOT 0.2341692743357271.jpg
    GET SCREEN SHOT 0.2341692743357271.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 300
Reactions: fred555
In this case the "Fail/OK/OK" message is normal since you're running the 2.0.61 Americas ROM. Since it has been modified from the European ROM it fails the internal checksum test which is based on the European ROM.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Ah I see, ok I feel better now, thank you..
I suppose all is well then with it and the error message doesn't seem to be causing any issues that I can figure out other than a very minor visual annoyance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)