about tek2000.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.
when one of my new sami mesh dishes were sent to me via truck freight, i had damage as well from shipping. 10 years ago
I had the same issue with my six footer. The panels weren't messed up but I was missing some nuts and bolts due to the damage to the shipping container. Great job UPS.

While I agree that the panels must be better protected for shipment, I have read where the seller has offered to replace the damaged panels for folks reporting damage. I do notice a trend of the buyers not taking the seller up on the offer, but instead repaired the damage themselves. Does this mean that the damage was not significant enough to replace or unfavorable replacement terms?

Maybe some members could comment on the company's customers service and the final resolutions?

I had the same issue with my six footer. The panels weren't messed up but I was missing some nuts and bolts due to the damage to the shipping container. Great job UPS.
Just my .02,it's not the shipping company's responsibility to compensate for insufficient,poor and unsuitable packaging.If you're gonna ship it,you need to pack it,right.

Just wondering, how would they stay in business if they always ship damaged goods? Their rating at ebay is 100% and I don't see any complaints at amazon either.

I did see one complaint at Rick's about damaged mesh on one panel, but it seems the vendor shipped him a replacement.

In this thread, post #5 by bpalone and post #6 by FTA4PA sound fairly positive...
It's been two months since I originally posted #6 in the thread and thought I would chime in. Overall, still very happy with the dish for the price. It's been up about 10 months now and it's seen two months of winter snows and other that having to make a minor adjustment after I was dumb and tried to move it with a lot of heavy wet snow on it, it's still working fine. (Lesson learned - clean snow off the dish before moving :rolleyes:). The mount, which I still think could have been 'beefier', has held up so far, even through my aforementioned stupidity. :D
While I agree that the panels must be better protected for shipment, I have read where the seller has offered to replace the damaged panels for folks reporting damage. I do notice a trend of the buyers not taking the seller up on the offer, but instead repaired the damage themselves. Does this mean that the damage was not significant enough to replace or unfavorable replacement terms?
Maybe some members could comment on the company's customers service and the final resolutions?
The damage in shipment to mine consisted of tears on the parts/ring box (nothing missing). The box with the panels had strapping that worked loose and they slid against each other during transit which scraped a little paint off and caused a bit of bending at the edge of some of the mesh. Never even thought about getting a replacement because it was very minor and I just tapped it flat with a hammer and small wood block. It can't be cheap to ship one of those things. Hopefully they have improved their shipping practices since I bought mine but that would be my concern - how is it being shipped if they are doing it for free?

Last edited:
Reactions: buzzie
I had emailed them about a dish last year, but at the time they were out of stock on the one I was interested in. They did email me back when they got more, but by that time [months] I'd already picked up a used 12' Conifer dish along with some miscellaneous smaller dishes, receivers and etc for $200, so I didn't follow up on the Tek2000 one.

Maybe Scott could ask them for a sample Dish to do an honest review for the rest of us here on satguys. I wouldn't mind buying a dish from them in the future, but I want to be sure it will be a worthwhile investment.

Is your backyard big enough Scott?

Reactions: hank123
Maybe Scott could ask them for a sample Dish to do an honest review for the rest of us here on satguys. I wouldn't mind buying a dish from them in the future, but I want to be sure it will be a worthwhile investment.

I'm local enough to help with setup and learn how to deal with a big dish :D

I have contacted them twice and got no reply. I have been looking for a 10 footer.

I have contacted them twice and got no reply. I have been looking for a 10 footer.

I contacted them and they said they are interested. I told them to read this thread.

Maybe you should review their 13.5ft mesh dish. They are out of stock for now, but they say it will cost $999 and shipped to your door!

I also would be happy to set one up and review it for them, just send it and I will do a full review. :)

Reactions: dougruss
I contacted them and they said they are interested. I told them to read this thread.
Maybe you should review their 13.5ft mesh dish. They are out of stock for now, but they say it will cost $999 and shipped to your door!
$999 shipped to your door? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding lenny500's post, but isn't it customary for the company to provide their product for review at no charge?o_O

I was thinking the same thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)