about tek2000.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was just checking out that 13.5 foot mesh and clicked on the 8 foot mesh that I bought from them last year. I noticed that the mounting ring now has places to attach the actuator to either the east or west side, as well as a triangular plate to attach the actuator further out at the back of the mount. Mine only had the east side mount and did not include the triangular plate. Wish mine had come that way :( but I guess that means they are making improvements to the design. Anybody else get the older design? Would be nice if they offered to upgrade it! :rolleyes:

On their website I have seen where you can upgrade your actuator plate mount to the triangular one, would like to know if anyone has done this and if it is worth the money..

On their website I have seen where you can upgrade your actuator plate mount to the triangular one, would like to know if anyone has done this and if it is worth the money..
Ouch!:eek: Just looked at that - $25 for the plate plus $20 shipping. I would say you could pick up a piece of steel plate for a lot less that $45 somewhere else.:)

Now the reason I wrote them at the time is because I wanted a 10 foot dish, not an 8 foot. I want to replace my 8 foot I have now and feel a 10 foot would help with the DVB-S2 stuff. Maybe they didn't have any at the time? That I dont know.

IMG_0708.JPG Well guys there it is. It came in today and it looks good as far as I can see. I'm planning on open it up tomorrow and check everything out.

Attachments

• IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    987.6 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: hank123
I asked tek2000 why they don't reply to Scott and this is what they said:

Thank you for your inquiry about our products and services.
We have never received any email(s) from Satelleliteguys.us or Scott Greczkowski about the possibility of reviewing our mesh antennas.
We do respond to all our email communications from our customers, and I can assure you that we do not ignore anyone. Furthermore, we sent an email to scott@satelliteguys.us several days ago about the possibility of reviewing one of our mesh antennas, but never received a reply.
It doesn't appear that Mr. Greczkowski or Satelliteguys.us is interested in reviewing our products at this time. If and when they become interested, they can
contact us at sales@tek2000.com
In the meantime, perhaps you can recommend another satellite forum that would be interested in reviewing our antennas?
Sincerely,
Tek2000

Ok... I did reply but it was stuck in my outbox. (Cox changed their SMTP setup for external servers) so I just fixed it and it went out. :)

Well, it wasn't a bed of roses after all but I can live with it. Picture 4 and 5 shows the damage. Overall I'm satisfy with the out come. Long trip from Toronto to South Florida. One thing I did not was the instructions on how to put this thing together.

Attachments

• IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    805.6 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    717.2 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    791.4 KB · Views: 298
Well, it wasn't a bed of roses after all but I can live with it. Picture 4 and 5 shows the damage. Overall I'm satisfy with the out come. Long trip from Toronto to South Florida. One thing I did not was the instructions on how to put this thing together.
They really need to find a way to pack those panels better. :( Maybe stryrofoam or that liquid foam that expands around the item being shipped. You would think in about a year of selling these they would have improved on that. Luckily none of my stuff was bent like picture 5, less handing to Pennsylvania I guess, but my panels did have some of that bending of the mesh shown in picture 4. I used a small block of wood to push the edges over then tapped them flat with a small hammer and the block. It was minor and I shouldn't have had to do it but it worked. Still no instructions? When I got mine there were none. I emailed them and I got a quick reply with basic assembly instructions. It was enough to figure out how to get it together. They said at the time they were working on instructions to be included in the future. If you need what they sent me let me know and I will find the email and post the instructions here. :) PS: Do they have a link to any instructions on their website?

If you need what they sent me let me know and I will find the email and post the instructions here. :) PS: Do they have a link to any instructions on their website?
I would very much appreciate if you could do that. I'm nor sure if they have a link on their website.

I would very much appreciate if you could do that. I'm nor sure if they have a link on their website.
Attached are the instructions they sent last year. Not a lot of detail but enough to figure it out as you go along. :)

Attachments

• Assembly.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 732
There are some pictures of assembly at various stages here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/review-tek2000-8-mesh-dish.337977/page-2#post-3464980

If that doesn't take you to the correct post, it is number 26 in the thread. They might help in getting it set up.

Your boxes looked WAY BETTER than mine did. As for the damage on the ends of some of the supports, that probably came from the manufacturer that way. Is it just the pictures, or was it not painted?

Good luck getting it up and aligned. I think you will enjoy it and be happy. At least until the size envy sets in.

Jibaro29,

Congrats! That looks like a great dish!

I saw their assembly instructions at ebay. Check their current listings and see if there is a link or something. It was pretty detailed - comprehensive guide to assembly or something.

So were you able the get it setup without the damage causing any issues.

Wonder if the ups guy would wait if you opened up and if damage just refuse the shipment?

FTA4PA, Did you have any problems installing the lnbf arms? The reason is ask is because I can't find the holes to attach the arms to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts