about tek2000.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FTA4PA, Did you have any problems installing the lnbf arms? The reason is ask is because I can't find the holes to attach the arms to.
The holes may have paint in them but should be visible on outside rim of dish. Once I found them, it just took some time to get the arms attached & bent and the scalar centered. I bolted the lnb arms to the scalar first, then bent the four arms slightly toward the dish. Attached the top one (or closest to the top) first, then then bottom, then the sides gently bending each end into place and tightening hand tight. Once all four were attached I tightened them down and used a tape measure to check from several points around the dish edge to the edge of the scalar, gently exerting pressure on the scalar in the direction necessary until measurement is equal at all points checked. This gets the scalar facing the center of the dish and ready for your lnb. :)
100_2377.JPG 100_2376.JPG

The holes may have paint in them but should be visible on outside rim of dish.
I did not see any holes them again I'm 68. Maybe my eye site has is play tricks on me. Anyways, how far down is the hole from joint? This is in case I can not find holes.

I did not see any holes them again I'm 68. Maybe my eye site has is play tricks on me. Anyways, how far down is the hole from joint? This is in case I can not find holes.
Not sure of exact measurement but close to the edge where the panels join, about 6 inches or less from the edge. I have pics somewhere on the pc that I took to post here to show the individual parts when I bought it last year. I will find them and post one if it shows enough detail where the holes are located. :)

Ok here is a pic. I added a line pointing to where the hole is relative to the edge where the panels join (assuming they haven't changed the design since last year).
100_1201_LNB_Hole.JPG

Ouch!:eek: Just looked at that - $25 for the plate plus $20 shipping. I would say you could pick up a piece of steel plate for a lot less that $45 somewhere else.:)
You would have to cut or grind the corner off and drill some holes but only $6.75 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEEL-BASE-PLATE-6-X-6-X-1-4-/261653010856 :)
Interesting, as soon as I posted the link above, they raised the price to $19.00 each. Found another one for $10 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281069733580

Yes I did. Not on rim but instead 5.5" below the rim. I'll have to take the arms down, gently, and reposition them. Hopefully I won't F.......ed them in the process.
Glad to hear you found them. :) I mentioned earlier in the thread that when I bought mine they didn't include the extension plate for the actuator or a way to mount the actuator on the west side of the ring, but they do now. Apparently they've made other changes since last year as well.

Last edited:
Well, I'm done putting the dish together. Here are 2 picture of what it looks like. I'm still having issue with LNBF cover...too tight. It is a heck of improvement from my 6".

Attachments

• IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 379
  • IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 381
I wish I could put up a dish here now, its -15 with the wind chill and over 4 feet of snow on the ground. :D

I wouldn't worry about the LNB cover, I usually leave them off as alls they really do is make nice homes for bees and wasps. :D

Well, I'm done putting the dish together. Here are 2 picture of what it looks like. I'm still having issue with LNBF cover...too tight. It is a heck of improvement from my 6".
nice to see your reception improve! keep the polar mount & ring from the 6'. if your ku reception sucks on your current setup & you need to install a large ku dish the polar mount can be adapted to fit a large offset dish then use an 36v actuator to push it around. its a better solution than those wimpy small diseq h-h motors like the sg2100s.

Thanks Scott, I feel your pain. Temperature here is suppose to be in the high 30s. Record breaking temperature tonight.

Now that I have put this dish together and I get great C band reception, What do I need to do get Ku? Is it weak at best. When I had my solid 6' I no problem getting Ku.

Now that I have put this dish together and I get great C band reception, What do I need to do get Ku? Is it weak at best. When I had my solid 6' I no problem getting Ku.
I started with a KU setup. When I got my 8' C band dish I tried to get KU on mine but found that when I was aligned well with a C band sat, KU would not come in. I had to bump a click or so east/west on my vbox to get a signal. Even so, the signals were not as strong as they should have been and because of this some KU transponders wouldn't scan in at all. While some have had good results this appears to be the problem most people experience with a dual C/KU setup on a big dish. After messing with it for a while I decided to go back to my separate motorized KU dish and installed a Titanium C1PLL on my 8' for dedicated C band. Been happy ever since! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts