Absolute minimum info needed to open account

199$ activation fee? Sorry Dish am sticking w/ OTA.

Are you saying you want the equipment and installation for free? What in your estimation is fair for an account that has no commitment, is getting equipment and installation with no unreturned equipment fee worth more than the $199, and requires virtually no identifying personal information? In addition chances of more customer service being needed seems inevitable especially with no grace period. (I forgot to pay can I pay not and get services restored?......)

Price out the receivers you would want, a dish antenna assembly and figure in the time it would take to install and activate this. You're talking about $400 worth of time and materials. Most people fail to account for their own time and any tools or materials they would need for the job. Don't forget the cost of being knowledgeable.

Now, if you do a Flex TV account and pay the $49 for a receiver and $199 for the activation you only spend$248 and it's all installed for you.

Doubt anyone in their right mind would pay 199$ just to activate an activate. :eek:

If you've purchased all the equipment and installed in it yourself then I can't see any reason why Dish would charge that much or why anyone would pay that much either.

If I'm not mistaken, if just an activation account, you just pay the first month of service including what equipment you will need activated, and then it's turned on. It's only when you have someone come out that you see changes. These are usually for rv'ers

Flex TV activation fee is $49.00 for self installed dish & equipment. $199.00 is for full install and a dish.
you must own the equipment and have some method of payment, debit card, credit card I think even
auto bill payment from you bank account works too.
everything is paid in advanced and if you miss a payment service is automatically shut down, but can be reactivated at no extra charge.
(Not sure of time frame or if there is one on that, though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)