accquiring Satellite Signal

zimmett

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
Every time I touch or move the VIP722K I keep getting Acquiring satellite signal. Did this again this morning, and got this progress 0 of 5. Been out for some 20minutes
I simply do not understand why this would happen. Did this the other day when I touched the cables also.

You probably mean "separator", a device considerably more complex than a splitter. It could be defective but that's rare. I'd suspect a bad cable or connector first, especially since movement seems to cause the issue for you. Confirm all the cable connectors are tight first. If that doesn't help, disconnect the separator and cables and inspect the male connectors. Make sure the "stinger" (center conductor) in each is long enough and not bent or shorting to the shield part of the connector. Look inside the male connectors to make sure no stray braid (shield wire) is trapped in any of them causing a short.

When I get that same persistent screen and the progress remains at -0- I found it was because the DPP44 switch in my system wasn't getting power. The first time it was bacause I inadvertently turned-off the strip into which the power supply part of the switch's "power inserter" is plugged. Simply restoring the power in that strip solved the problem. The second time it was because the power inserter (power supply part) took a dump, so I have a replacement on the way. Anything preventing DC power from getting to your switch (if your system has one) or your LNBs would cause the same problem, and it won't be intermittent!

If you haven't done so already, remove the separator from your system and connect its input cable to just 1 of the sat. inputs. That should allow your system to acquire signal for that one tuner if it's indeed the separator or either of its short cables / connectors causing the problem. If you have a power inserter in your system, try removing it temporarily to see what that does. You can power the DPP44 and LNBs with only the power available from your receiver, but that's not recommended and should be only a temporary "fix"...

Last edited:

E-mail from dishnetwork

Newb Satellite Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)