air2pc problems

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I've been using an Air2PC PCI card for OTA ATSC reception for several years on my Win2000 computer. I used it with TSREADER.

A couple weeks ago, I had a major crash of that computer, and I've slowly been bringing the system back up onto a replacement hard drive. Only change I made was to install Windows 2000 Server, instead of the Pro version. I re-installed a couple DVB cards fine, but when I got around to re-installing the Air2PC card, I can't get it to work. This card, which I got off ebay, didn't come with an installation disk, and I remember downloading the drivers off the net, but I couldn't find the original ones I used before.

The TSREADER web page recommends version 4.4 of the firmware. I downloaded that off the BBTI web page, used Windows found new hardware thing to install the drivers, which seemed to work, and when I ran their SETUP4PC program, I could scan in and lock all my local channels, so the card seems to be working. However whenever I either try to bring the card up with either TSREADER or attempt to install the viewer program that comes with Air2PC, it tells me either that the card failed to initialize or that requirred components are missing.

I have tried everything I can think of. I've noticed that newer versions of the Air2PC software seems to require some upgrades of the OS, Windows Media player and DirectX, but I've brought those up to beyond what I was using before, and it still doesn't work. When this thing fails to work, it never tells me what is missing, so I don't have a clue. Only thing I can figure is that some other program I used to have on the computer must have had some CODEC or something that is requirred by the AIR2PC card drivers.

Does anyone here have any idea of what "component" I might be missing that is causing this card to fail to work with TSREADER and it's own viewer program, even though it works with Setup4PC ????

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)