Amazon Fire TV Stick

I ordered one too, although I got to admit my FireTV is my least used streaming devices. Too many apps are not supported, only Amazon blessed apps are there and voice search only works with Amazon.

I specifically want this one because it says it will work with hotel wi-fi login pages. All I really need it for is Plex and Netflix.

Anyone notice the $20 credit with prime? My total with $3.99 one day shipping is $22.99

Edit: I somehow missed this in the first post...lol. My bad.

Ordered one also.
Like that it has a remote.
Will use on fp I will be installing in bedroom and for traveling.

Well I had to jump on the bandwagon also for that price. Not sure I'll use it, we'll see. If not it will make a good Christmas present.

Picked one up as well. I'll be doing a fair amount of traveling going forward. This + hotel wifi might be a killer combination.

Stupid question, but is this thing basically a chromecast where you still need a computer, phone, tablet etc or is it a true standalone device?

Locked to Amazon only stuff? If this or a chromecast would actually run real Android Apps either would be a great deal even at $35. If they only do a handful of things chosen by Google and Amazon they aren't worth $2 for me at least.

Order placed. $20 with remote. Not bad! Worth a try.
(Estimated delivery date is: Friday, January 9, 2015 - that's a long wait!)

Read on Engadget that Amazon starting shipping these today to those who ordered early.
Anyone get tracking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)