Amazonas 61.0W Location & Dish Position

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by jsattv, Jan 4, 2007.

1. jsattv

jsattv Thread Starter Active SatelliteGuys Member

Scanned in Amazonas 61.0W yesterday (got about 10 Channels mostly foreign), expecting my 1 meter Fortec Dish to drive way over to the Easterly direction. To my surprise when I went outside the Dish only seemed to move a little over to the East from where my IntelSat 5.0 97.0W was previously located.

Looking at a channel lineup previously published on this site, I thought Amazonas 61.0W would be on the far end of the arc travel of my dish. Have I done something wrong or is this just the way Amazonas 61.0 shows up re its positioning in the Clark Belt?

2. Zero

Zero PIT MEMBER

If the location is at the far end of the arc, you will have to use DiSeq 1.2 instead of USALS. For me in CA, I can go up to 72W with USALS and further only with 1.2.

3. PhilipPeake

PhilipPeake Member

You don't say where you are -- from my location (Oregon) Pas9 which is just a little further over is very much east, and the elevation is ~9 degrees, so an offset dish almost seems to be pointing at the ground.

Last time I looked, there was nothing visible on Amazonas. Pas9 has a couple of BT channels mostly showing (PAL) color bars and an unencrypted feed for Cuban TV.

4. Iceberg

Iceberg The No Pain Train
    Supporting Founder

Amazonas has nothing on it. You might be getting Dish 61.5 at a very low power but it may come up on a scan

5. jsattv

You are probably right IceBerg. Of the 10 channels I got, there were only 2 that I could get a clear picture on, (or I think it said White Springs on the caption on the bottom part of the picture), and it looked like a middle East guy talking or preaching to a bunch of people in a foreign language on these 2 channels. Strange though that the channel list on the ViewSat Rx does identify these channels as being on Amazonas 61.0W!

Also one other question: Does SB6 74.0W only have one watchable channel on it, - that is: the Ohio News Network (ONN)?? That's all I can find on SBS6 74.0W.

6. jsattv

Thanks for the info PhilipPeake. I am located in Winnipeg, Manitoba and my South Sat is IntelSat 5 97.0W. I was going to try for Pas9 58.0W since the specs say the Stab Motor has a range of 50 degrees east or west. But if there is nothing on Pas9 then I guess I won't bother to try for it. Also can I ask what is a BT channel?

7. charper1

charper1 Bourbon Tester
    Supporting Founder

Either BT = British Telecom or he meant PT for part-time. But these are just my guesses. LOL

8. Iceberg

Supporting Founder

BT-British Telecom on PAS9...mainly color bars

9. Iceberg

Supporting Founder

SBS6 has one 24/7 channel and thats ONN

blind Scan it at night or on weekends....lots of feeds :)

10. Davage

Davage Active SatelliteGuys Member

If you've got an analog receiver, it seems that a bunch of analog feeds light up on SBS6 in the evenings/weekends too! :)

VigLink badge
Sucuri