Amiko A3 - FTA 7 Day EPG Now Available for North America

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any word yet on the really cool thing us Amiko Mini HD SE owners have coming or is it still :shh yet? :)
Let's just say some things are still actively being worked on. ;)

Reactions: FTA4PA
I have one of the very first A3's to be shipped. Will the EPG be available to it?
And how does one acquire it? Do you tune to a certain channel on a certain satellite for it to download from satellite?
Or does it retrieve it via the internet?

Thanks.

The EPG is downloaded via Internet. It can be used on any A3 there will be instructions on how to do it with one of the first units, in a couple of weeks once everything is finalized.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
The EPG is downloaded via Internet. It can be used on any A3 there will be instructions on how to do it with one of the first units, in a couple of weeks once everything is finalized.

Oh ok, so then it's not actually ready to roll out just yet then, right?

The EPG is rolled out, available and working on recent release A3 units (shipped on or after 2/25/2015). EPG will be released shortly for legacy A3 STBs.

Don't tell me you are going to make De_Ann upgrade her firmware again?
She will be down for months!

Reactions: dougruss
Has anyone tried out the new A3 EPG yet? How is it? Thinking of buying a A3 soon and EPG would be great, even if it's not on all channels/sats. Probably will buy one no matter how the EPG is, but I am curious about how good it is, thanks!

Reactions: Elkview
Has anyone tried out the new A3 EPG yet? How is it? Thinking of buying a A3 soon and EPG would be great, even if it's not on all channels/sats. Probably will buy one no matter how the EPG is, but I am curious about how good it is, thanks!

I haven't heard that it's available for the legacy units as of yet, only preloaded on A3's that have been sold recently.

Reactions: . Raine
I have been testing and providing satellite scans for new EPG. There have been a few program changes which provided incorrect data, but noticed that there were inconsistencies on the local sub-channel EPG as well. Overall, accurate EPG and great to have easy DVR setting.

... Thinking of buying a A3 soon ...
In case you didn't already see it, T134 has red A3's on sale now for $129. His website says they're specially customized. I'm not sure why T134 is substantially undercutting his resellers on price? Maybe they are not as capable as the regular A3's? I don't know.

No, I didn't see that. $129 is considerably cheaper than the price I was looking at. I wonder what the special customization is?

Went and read the description on his site and the customization just seems to be XBMC with SuperRepo, nothing that excites me. The price deal is odd, $129 is $40 or so cheaper than anyone else.

Last edited:
In case you didn't already see it, T134 has red A3's on sale now for $129. His website says they're specially customized. I'm not sure why T134 is substantially undercutting his resellers on price? Maybe they are not as capable as the regular A3's? I don't know.
Maybe just nobody's buying the red ones, so trying to move them out ?

I'm very confused by this.

The EPG interests me a lot for my receiver in the living room, but I've read so much on here about incompatibilities between US and European models, and on the EPG only being available on current models in the US. Previously sold A3s don't have it, right?

And this one is advertised as customized for Ireland. It doesn't mention the EPG and I'm unclear on if this would be accept future US firmware upgrades.

Anyone have any idea?

The North American EPG will only be available for units that have been purchased from Amiko Americas resellers. All North American resellers are currently shipping A3s preloaded with NA EPG. I understand that the EPG function will be available very soon for any A3 verified as purchased from an Amiko Americas reseller prior to February 26, 2015.

Buy an A3 from a non-authorized Amiko Americas reseller and it will not be supported with the NA functions and features. http://www.amikoalienusa.com/?page_id=342#axzz3YvOF78X2

Not sure why one would buy from an international seller and pay more plus additional shipping? BTW... the US A3s are the lowest priced units available! :)

And this one is advertised as customized for Ireland. It doesn't mention the EPG and I'm unclear on if this would be accept future US firmware upgrades.
An A3 is an A3 is an A3. Same firmware is shipping right now. Remember this is just like an android smart phone. You can install apps from Google play and customize with downloaded apps. Just like you would do with your phone. Yes any A3 bought from Amiko Americas resellers will be set for US and take any future upgrade, as they all come from the same server.

So, is Fridge FTA an authorized Amiko Americas reseller? They're the one that's selling them for $129 [red only] and like Martyn said, it says the firmware is customized for Ireland.

I believe it says it was based on 2.0.70 that T134 had customized for a friend in Ireland. And yes, FridgeFTA is an authorized Amiko Americas dealer.

The firmware is fully "Americas" friendly. I know because I've had one since April 15th.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)