Amiko Mini HD SE Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Today, for the first time, I connected my Amiko Mini HD SE to the internet (wired connection). I turned it on, got an ip address from the router with no problems. Under applications I tried Youtube, Weather, RSS, WebTV and all work fine. When I selected Google Maps the Amiko restarted. I tried it several times and it restarts every time I select Google Maps. It doesn't appear to do any damage or change any settings, it just restarts and goes to the last channel I was watching before I entered the menus? S/W Version 10000A00_1.0.71 Any ideas why?

Last edited:
I've had various restarts using other apps. I think the box gets angry when it can't connect or "times out"....I doubt I'll be trying to use those functions too much,
probably only the update of firmware as needed or recommended. Now that my Amiko is on it's own 12-volt dedicated UPS to not lose time, I don't want to have
to reset it just by using web apps I can grab via Roku. Nice idea to have on the box, but not perfected. (this users opinion.)

I think the box gets angry when it can't connect or "times out"....

Doesn't even have the chance to connect or time out. The instant I click Google Maps it resets.:mad: Not likely I will use that app much but if it's there it should work correctly.:rolleyes: Anybody else have this issue?

Yes. Mine does the same thing. I don't think it always did that so when I made a firmware change recently it must have broken. To be honest I hadn't tried this since I first installed the thing and probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't asked about it. The s/w version I have is 10000A00_1.0.57. I was running 1.0.71 from somewhere else but that had some other wonky issue with my motor.

Yes. Mine does the same thing. I don't think it always did that so when I made a firmware change recently it must have broken. To be honest I hadn't tried this since I first installed the thing and probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't asked about it. The s/w version I have is 10000A00_1.0.57. I was running 1.0.71 from somewhere else but that had some other wonky issue with my motor.
At least I'm not alone! Mine came with 10000A00_1.0.57 and it was experiencing the reset problem during channel scans. When I upgraded to 10000A0_1.0.71 with a usb drive, that fixed the channel scan issue and I thought everything else was working. I didn't notice any of the app issues until yesterday because that was the first time I connected it to the internet since I bought it. Also, have an issue under apps with the DLNA/DMR. I can't get that to do anything at all when I click it. I'm still really happy with the box but would like everything to work if possible.:rolleyes:

When I use the DLNA/DMR it comes up with the "ready to receive data" land the spinning circle symbol. I have tried to push stuff to it but my laptop doesn't see the Amiko as an appliance. It see my Roku and my plex client/server but not the Amiko. I know that the Amiko is connected because the big2small app sort of works from my tablet. I don't know if there is some other configuration that is required by the end user to make the Amiko an available appliance on my network. I think that until I can get the Amiko to show up as a device/appliance on the network I have no chance of getting the DLNA to work. I'm curious to see if I can get it to work but it isn't something I am going to spend a lot of time on. I will let you know what I figure out.

The 1.0.71 firmware I believe was not specifically released for NA boxes. Didn't seem to give me any issues other than some switching/motor problems.

Maybe an obvious DLNA question, does the mini have a harddrive attached with DVR file recordings?

I rarely connect mine to the network for these apps. Usually only use Big2Small app for steaming to the Android. Will check the DLNA and Google Maps app.

Did you report these issues to Amiko Americas? Joe is currently working with their engineers on the next mini HD SE firmware release.

When I use the DLNA/DMR it comes up with the "ready to receive data" land the spinning circle symbol. I have tried to push stuff to it but my laptop doesn't see the Amiko as an appliance. It see my Roku and my plex client/server but not the Amiko. I know that the Amiko is connected because the big2small app sort of works from my tablet. I don't know if there is some other configuration that is required by the end user to make the Amiko an available appliance on my network. I think that until I can get the Amiko to show up as a device/appliance on the network I have no chance of getting the DLNA to work. I'm curious to see if I can get it to work but it isn't something I am going to spend a lot of time on. I will let you know what I figure out. The 1.0.71 firmware I believe was not specifically released for NA boxes. Didn't seem to give me any issues other than some switching/motor problems.
I don't even get "ready to receive data". I click and nothing happens at all. I know it's on the network because I can see it in my router as a device but that's all - it doesn't appear as a device anywhere in Linux or Windows. Like you, it's not something I absolutely must have - would just be nice if I can get it to work. I will post an update if I make any progress.

Maybe an obvious DLNA question, does the mini have a harddrive attached with DVR file recordings?

I rarely connect mine to the network. Will connect and also test the Google Maps app.

Did you report these issues to Amiko Americas? Joe is currently working with their engineers on the next mini HD SE firmware release.

No to all of your questions. I haven't played with any recordings. I just found out about the Google maps thing today when I read this post. I have seen that the DLNA issue hasn't been well addressed over at the official Amiko forums. Is that where we should report the google maps issue or should I just put in a ticket direct?

Maybe an obvious DLNA question, does the mini have a harddrive attached with DVR file recordings? I rarely connect mine to the network for these apps. Usually only use Big2Small app for steaming to the Android. Will check the DLNA and Google Maps app. Did you report these issues to Amiko Americas? Joe is currently working with their engineers on the next mini HD SE firmware release.
Yes, I recorded a few short test files with it plus there was already some media on the drive. Made no difference if drive was connected or not. I haven't reported anything yet as I am still going to reload firmware and recheck everything.

I would suggest that if nothing addressing issues or features on the Amiko America site or FridgeFTA forum, submit a ticket or post a thread.

Joe visits this site regularly and participates, but best to report confirmed issues directly to Amiko America.

Reported! At least the Google Maps app. I'm not convinced that there is anything wrong with the way the DLNA thing works on the current firmware. I just don't know enough about the DLNA stuff. I have a pc hooked up to my tv so I don't typically need to use a box to stream. Previously I used my Xbox or plexapp for the roku which pretty much just seem to work when needed.

Thank you.

Reactions: Titanium
Update: I downgraded the firmware from 10000A00_1.0.71 to 10000A00_1.0.57. Google Maps now works. Also, DLNA/DMR now functions under Ubuntu 12.04 for me. I can push video, audio and picture files to it over the network from my computer. :) Windows 7 still won't cooperate though. Amiko shows on network and streaming devices but I can't push any media to it. Tried Media Player 12, Media Center, VLC but nothing:(

Interesting. I reloaded 1.0.57 again but I still have that google issue. I think I have a live cd somewhere that I used to run on my netbook. I will try that out this weekend sometime. I'm on windows 8 on my normal laptop so everything should actually be easier to link up but maybe Windows doesn't like the way DLNA was implemented.

This is somewhat troubling. Although, I had no plans to use either of these functions prior to entering this thread. I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it.

I have a problem. I have the receiver hardwired tonight. I get just a white screen on the app. How do I bypass? I'm getting weather on the receiver. Nexus 7 tablet.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I get service unavailable in channels on phone

I have a problem. I have the receiver hardwired tonight. I get just a white screen on the app. How do I bypass? I'm getting weather on the receiver. Nexus 7 tablet.

What firmware version is installed on the Amiko? I had no success with 10000A00_1.0.71 but downgrading to 10000A00_1.0.57 got things working for me. (I used the http option under upgrade to install the firmware). If the Amiko DLNA/DMR app is working you should see a screen that says "ready to receive data" with spinning circles. If you get to that point you should be ok. I don't have a tablet myself to try functionality but you might want to try this app from Google Play on your Nexus 7 (Pixel Media Controller - mDLNA): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cmc.dmc&hl=en

I have to rescan channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts