Amiko SE HD - Android Streaming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
This worked for me in the past, although crashed the STB a lot. Now, it doesn't seem to work at all. I'm using the ALI Dish2Small. I see the IP address of the Amiko, the instant i click it, it reboots the Amiko. I've gone into the menu and turned off/on the service. No matter what i do, the instant i click the IP address of the Amiko, it reboots the Amiko.

Any thoughts?

This worked for me in the past, although crashed the STB a lot. Now, it doesn't seem to work at all. I'm using the ALI Dish2Small. I see the IP address of the Amiko, the instant i click it, it reboots the Amiko. I've gone into the menu and turned off/on the service. No matter what i do, the instant i click the IP address of the Amiko, it reboots the Amiko.

Any thoughts?

You could try reloading the firmware. it has fixed some odd behavior with my box.

You could try reloading the firmware. it has fixed some odd behavior with my box.

:facepalmYou know, that's every companies fix, and to date, never had that fixed up any of my problems. Okay, ill give it a go. But, I'm gonna hold off a few days to see if there are any other responses...

Okay, well, it seems to be a problem with the firmware 1.0.54 that's available on the Amiko Americas website. I went to Amikostb site and they seem to have a new firmware v2.0.30 . I updated to that firmware and the streaming is now working. Does anyone publish the changes from firmware to firmware?

Did it break any features or add/improve anything? Let us know. I ask because I downloaded 1.0.71 from Amikostb.com and it caused major problems. I went back to the previous version from http://www.namini.tk/index_files/Page318.htm because that is where the official Amiko Americas site (www.amikoalienusa.com) takes you for firmware upgrades for the Amiko Mini HD SE. Neither 1.0.71 or 2.0.30 are listed there? :what

Did it break any features or add/improve anything? Let us know. I ask because I downloaded 1.0.71 from Amikostb.com and it caused major problems. I went back to the previous version from http://www.namini.tk/index_files/Page318.htm because that is where the official Amiko Americas site (www.amikoalienusa.com) takes you for firmware upgrades for the Amiko Mini HD SE. Neither 1.0.71 or 2.0.30 are listed there? :what

I did software only, no channels upgrade to 2.0.30. I have not noticed any problems as of yet... Everything seems to be working. The only thing new i noticed is i can switch from 1/2/3 row listings of channels directly from the channel view. Well, and my streaming is working now. Watching Montana PBS right now on it.

http://www.amikostb.com/?q=product&id=198

What problems did you encounter? I could try something on this version if you want to see if there is a specific problem...
Box would lock up occasionally while changing channels requiring unplugging it. Also under Applications, DLNA didn't work and when I selected Google Maps the box would reboot (everytime). The only reason I tried the 1.0.71 in the first place was because out of the box it was locking up during scanning. After the problems with 1.0.71, I downloaded 1.0.57 and reinstalled it and all has been good.

Box would lock up occasionally while changing channels requiring unplugging it. Also under Applications, DLNA didn't work and when I selected Google Maps the box would reboot (everytime). The only reason I tried the 1.0.71 in the first place was because out of the box it was locking up during scanning. After the problems with 1.0.71, I downloaded 1.0.57 and reinstalled it and all has been good.

No lock ups thus far.. Haven't tried DLNA or google maps.

Most DLNA devices (network blu-ray players, media streaming boxes) allow you to browse the network that they are attached to and play media files (audio, video, pictures) from that network. In the case of the Amiko Mini HD SE, it is set up as a DMR (Digital Media Receiver). Files need to pushed to it. When you select DLNA from the application menu, then DMR it will sit and wait for a file to be pushed to it. I have a dual boot system (Ubuntu Linux 12.04/Windows 7) and was able to successfully push files to it using Linux but had no success under Windows 7. You can read more about it in this thread I started: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dlna-dmr-on-amiko-mini-hd-se.340983

That's good to hear! I may back everything up and give it a try if I don't see any bad posts about it over the next few days.;)

Hey, i wanted to let you know that i have been running the firmware for a few weeks, with at least 3 hours of watching time logged per day, and often leaving unit on over night. I have only had one Freeze.. I was doing a lot of putzing with it at the time... So, i think this 2.0.30 is a good firmware, plus, i have enjoyed using the Streaming so i can watch upstairs in bed.

Do they make a windows program that will allow you to stream it to windows system. It would be nice to stream it to my laptop (windows 7). My tablet is only a 7inch....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)