Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
I put this in yesterday in downtown Chicago at a pizzeria.

2 other installers said no line of site.

Getting perfect signal on 99, 101 and 103 pointed right between 2 buildings and over the Sears tower.

Only had to mount the Dish 1 time to find the right spot on the roof

Check it out

Cc
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1466881101.807179.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1466881117.338835.jpg

Reactions: Annie61

Getting perfect signal on 99, 101 and 103 pointed right between 2 buildings and over the Sears tower.

Check it out

CcView attachment 117790View attachment 117791
Signals not very good at the moment of the pictures .... no LNB !!!

What's the deal with 119 on commercial accounts?

Cool install Claude.

No way I could live or work in an urban city like that, I'm too much of a country bumpkin for city life.

After 7 years in a small town in TN, I am more than ready to move back to a more urban area. Miss so many things. Looks like it will happen very soon, not back to IL, though, but on to Charlotte.

After 7 years in a small town in TN, I am more than ready to move back to a more urban area. Miss so many things. Looks like it will happen very soon, not back to IL, though, but on to Charlotte.

I don't know how you lasted that long in Cookeville. Good luck with your move.

I don't know how you lasted that long in Cookeville. Good luck with your move.
Some really good things about Cookeville, new mayor, a fiend of mine, has made some needed changes, but definitely ready to get "back to civilization." Wife just has to say yes to a new job and she's there in August, I'll stick around here to sell the house.

Reminds me of several installs that I have done in which others have said no signal. I had to go out of my way on a few though. Some installers are just lazy.

If you are coming to the Charlotte areas to install satellite, consider these things.
1. there are many options. Retailers, in house and fulfillment.
2. lots of competition.
3. All Directv jobs are being funneled over to AT&T. Meaning. if you want to install D*, you'll be applying to AT&T for a job.
4. My former employer, a Dish fulfillment contractor has seen their workload decreased significantly.
5. Google fiber is here. More competition for pay tv....
The jobs are out there. I would not work for Dish for all the rocks in the painted Desert.
AT&T is the way to go.

If you are coming to the Charlotte areas to install satellite, consider these things.
1. there are many options. Retailers, in house and fulfillment.
2. lots of competition.
3. All Directv jobs are being funneled over to AT&T. Meaning. if you want to install D*, you'll be applying to AT&T for a job.
4. My former employer, a Dish fulfillment contractor has seen their workload decreased significantly.
5. Google fiber is here. More competition for pay tv....
The jobs are out there. I would not work for Dish for all the rocks in the painted Desert.
AT&T is the way to go.

Nope, I'm not an installer, the OP is.

Check it out

CcView attachment 117790View attachment 117791

is that the new wireless dish the at&t sales reps have been talking about? ;)

Off-topic, but I am in the opposite camp. I have lived in the Raleigh-Durham area for 18 years now, and it has grown so much, I long for a smaller city, like Charlottesville where we moved from back in '99. Where we live is nice, but it is expensive and getting more crowded than I am comfortable with. The problem for my wife and me is all the jobs are in the bigger cities.

Charlotte is nice. I spent weeks there last winter and spring. Best of luck!

Reactions: bwaldron
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts