Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 15, 2012
PA
Here is a tvfool from the zip code I want to get OTA from:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=d243b80819f159

Here is a tvfool from the address I want to get it from:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=d243b80819f159

I don't have an issue with trying to play the tropo game. This land is on the side of a mountain in a valley with really steep mountains. I do receive FTA satellite from 72W to about 113W (pushing it). I had to run that about 30-40 yards from the house. I can put up a tower. There are absolutely no restrictions that I am aware of. It is unlikely that anyone would know I did anything to the property unless they specifically came to look at it. I'm at the end of this dirt road and the property isn't easy to see from the closest hardball. You can't see it on Google Earth due to the trees.

I think that that I can put up a single antenna and get one station if I throw up a modest monopole off the second story of the structure. There is a sort of tower coming off the one side. Sorry I don't have pictures handy but I don't know how to describe this any other way.

Is there a thought on specific antennas to try? I've been considering that I will pretty much have to stack antennas going in if I want more than one or two channels/subchannels. If you thought you would have to go with a stacked system what is the easiest to work with? Looking at the reports everything is UHF and mostly in the same direction.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

Thank you. I appreciate any additional new reading material. Hadn't seen that site before.

Yes. The area this needs to go in is pretty difficult. It takes me 45 minutes to get to cell reception. Let us not even try to discuss internet. This is a weekend home so it isn't a big deal. But it is a fun challenge.

Reactions: . Raine
Have you considered a DISH satellite system Welcome Pack is only $19.99/mo. Eastern Arc is 61.5 & 72.7?

Yes. I would have to lie to them about where the Dish is in order to get local channels. Besides, I know that I can get Dish there. I have had that and DTV in the past. There is no fun in trying to get that to work.

Enjoy PBS and banging your head against a brick wall without a lot of luck I'm sure that is about all the digital signals you will receive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)