Antenna TV Coming to Red River, Sinclair, Other Stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey ICE - Maybe that's why Antenna disappeared from KRDK4.
Hey Trip! This is really NICE (edit: GREAT) news. Thanks.

Last edited:
Damn. Never thought Red River would stick ANY money into their TV stations (they are buying up radio stations though)

I know Iceberg will be very happy. KQDS, KVRR/etc., and KDLT will soon be launching Antenna TV, according to the Antenna TV website.

- Trip
I just need the FCC to approve KQDS's Aitkin translator (K39GG) to flash cut to digital ;)
(KQDS is too far away from my location)

I know my buddy will be happy. Soon he'll get TWO TV stations where he lives ;)
(where he lives is the Fargo Market but its 80 miles or so away. He has an indoor antenna and only gets KVRR FOX Fargo (which the transmitter is maybe 25 miles away)

I find that weird it only covers grand forks and not the fargo area too......
Fargo and Grand Forks are about 80 miles apart so other than the former CBS (now KRDK) and NBC the other networks have stations in both parts...

ABC is mainly due to a technical issue. WDAY 6 couldnt put their tower between the towns as CBC 6 in Winnipeg would have issues.
Fox has KVRR in Fargo (the tower is actually about 30 miles into Minnesota) and KBRR Thief RIver Falls, MN (But is for GF)
PBS has stations in both

now as for KCPM it is only 11,000 watts on a tower under 200 feet. The owner did (back in the analog days) have a translator in Fargo but they never converted it to digital. They mainly rely on cable (which right now they are not on in GF but are carried in Fargo)

Anywho back to your regular scheduled topic

Looks like Retro is joining the Fargo/
market on the MNTV channel KCPM 27.2
I don't see it, Retro, coming to KCPM. Only KCPO in Sioux Falls is mentioned in this ONLY article I could find.
http://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...etrotv-availability-midco-customers/70141676/
Where'd ya hear/read they're going to fire up the KCPM transmitter?? It's been OFF THE AIR for a few yrs now.
And ICE is right, it don't get to Fargo: http://rabbitears.info/contour.php?appid=1376915
Central Plains Media HAD a CP for a translator in Fargo but I understand it never was on the air. either analog or digital.
back to your regular scheduled topic
Waiting and watching for ANTENNA's appearance. Jeez, OTA is getting GREAT around here!

Reactions: Mr Tony
Wasn't listed earlier, around noon, I looked.
Correction - Found it, under the call sign.
But that doesn't make it ON THE AIR, as it's NOT.
Not available on the local cable (midco) either.
BUT there is something going on as their website kcpm.tv is now 'Down for maintenance' . Previously it was just not maintained since 2011(?). (OLD schedules etc)
Will be nice if/when they return to the air.

Yeah, and I drove to within 10 miles of their TX site with a portable TV, and saw nothing. So i'm thinking it was just an exciter, no power amp. probably putting out maybe 10W.
And then off the air post in same thread referenced, Just scroll to post # 2017
earlier yet post #1825 by me. then post #1852 and it's been off the air until their, apparently, low power test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts