Anyone else remember when this almost happend..

digital echo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Earth
MVC-003S.jpg

Just for fun, I want to see a 99/101/103/105/110/119/121/129 dish...

Fun on a Thursday morning...

30 degrees wouldn't be too bad. When I messing with signing up for Bell expressvu and keeping my dish setup, I almost got a 90 signal on 61.5 and 82/91 with a dish 1000.2 with modified LNB holder.

It should happen, and I think it's in the best interest of the sat companies to do that. The only area it would hurt is rural markets without cable services, but that sector is shrinking slowly.

I'm personally glad it fell through but I always wanted to use my old RCA DRD440 on Dish, I read it was designed to be updated with the merger in mind.

Umm, simple - stable sturdy design, ie no heavy loaded arm like for AU-9, what prevent wobling LNBFs and fluctuating signal level; plus robust - later it could be upgraded to 5 or 7 LNBFs.

Yeah, but DirecTV already had a dish that pointed at 101/110/119. They would have only had to engineer a new LNB that had all 32 on each satellite.

Can you get both the Dish and the Direct TV with that thing?

I know Direct TV has way more High Def channels but I do like the voom High Def channels so I'd like to have the best of both Dish TV and Direct TV. That would eliminate the need for two of those saucer thingy's on my house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)