Anyone got any good deals through Comcast?

grantsa4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Naperville, IL
Has anyone got any deals through Comcast? I called to try see if they would offer me anything better than their normal rates to compare with my current cable rates, but had no luck.

Has anyone else had luck?

I just got hooked up for the next year... I called, selected the option to cancel the service and told them I was giving them a chance to match the pricing I'd get with DirecTV for a similar package. The savings was going to be $35, so I said they needed to match or beat that.

A few minutes later, Comcast dropped my bill by $36 and tossed in HBO & Starz for the next twelve months.

I think the key is going into it with competitive pricing info. This is now the second time I've called in the past two years and gave Comcast first-dibs at my business by presenting them with the numbers from DirecTV and I've had luck both times.

Follow Andy's steps... choose the option to cancel and you'll go straight to their retention team. Retention is the department that has the authority to offer deals to current customers. Regular sales and customer service only have access to the offers for new customers

Sorry, thought you were since you said "to compare with my current cable rates" indicated to me you were already a Comcast customer since there is usually only one "cable" provider in an area.

Are you by chance on a cable system that has recently been acquired by Comcast? If you are I'm not surprised you weren't offered any deals, it usually takes a while for the integrating/upgrading of the acquired system to be done. If not, you must have been talking to a really crappy sales agent if they didn't at least mention their triple play bundles. Try calling again.

Nope, not connected to Comcast at all. They mentioned the triple play and all that jazz. I had itemised my current cable bill and all the fees and she gave me the rundown of all the Comcast fees which were more expensive - I tried to pull the - I am trying to decide between Comcast and getting a dish, but other than the standard Triple Play price she didn't try anything else

No deals here. My rates went up this month. I was paying $85.88 and my new bill is $92.22. Here is the itemized list of services: Digi Net Service $2.00, Digital Outlet $6.95, Digital Classic $64.44, DVR service $13.95, tax & surcharges of $4.88.

A few months ago, Comcast in Ct was offering a Digital Starter/HBO offer for like $26 per month for four months! I go in on that and it's expires 2/1, so now it's back to reality:(
I will say the service has been very good and you get most of the HD channels as part of this package, the equipment cost is the killer!!
You might want to inquire about the Digital Starter promo...

I am not yet a customer though - surely it wouldn't make any sense to try get to retention if you are not yet a customer
They used to have a "drop the dish" promo that was $25 off for 16 months. Afaik, they still offer it. Tell them you are switching from DirecTV or Dish Network, and you should be able to get the promo.

Has anyone got any deals through Comcast? I called to try see if they would offer me anything better than their normal rates to compare with my current cable rates, but had no luck.

Has anyone else had luck?

I've given Comcast (retentions dept.) multiple opporutunities to keep me as a customer but they refuse to give me any sort of offer. They have pretty much admitted they dont have anything to offer current customers for just tv packages. I couldnt be more happy that I'm done with Comcast as of next Monday. Our bill runs almost $95 and I'll be paying around $55 for better quality digital pic quality, and a lot more HD. What sickens me most is the biggest chunk of our Comcast channels 3-75 is Analog. Good riddance Comcast Cable!

Todd

Comcast had a full page ad in the Boston Herald offering Digital Starter, HD DVR, and HBO for $39.95 a month (for 1 year). They ran a similar ad on TV awhile ago. I've got a thread here somewhere when I called and tried to get the deal. Of course the CSR knew nothing about it.

I was tempted to bring the Herald AD down to the local Comcast office and tell them I wanted to sign up for that offer. There's so much fine print on the bottom that I'm sure they would've found a way to deny me. Ended up upgrading my DISH instead.

Just to show how full of crap they are, part of the ad was 2 grocery bags touting Comcast's HD offerings vs. DirecTV's. They claimed Comcast offered 233 HD channels vs. 70 for Direct. :rolleyes:

What is the best offers Direct and Dish are offering? Iwould like to call retention as well and see if I can get my bill lowered about $30 and HBO for year if that's what the SAT's are offering. $49 a month for 12 months with HD and DVR 6 months of HBO,Starz,Cinemax, and Showtime Think retention will match this?

I just signed up with Comcast. I was shopping around and mentioned that I have Dish and was considering changing if the deal was good. She asked me a few questions about what I was paying now and next thing I knew she offered me Standard Cable + Digital Start, HBO, Starz and DVR all for $39.99 for 12 months.

I took the deal then had to call back because I felt like it was too good of an offer. Sure enough a second customer service rep confirmed the deal. So I hope I made the right choice. I figured for that price, I'll try it for a year and re-evaluate my situation next year.

I told Comcast I was thinking about getting a different (cheaper) internet provider. They are going to check to see if I can get digital voice. If so, I can get Triple Play. Would add HBO, Showtime, Starz, upgrade to 8 MBPS for internet. Plus one free HD DVR for a year (currently paying for two). Would save me $4 plus I wouldn't have to pay for Verizon phone service (usually about $28).

Meanwhile they've temporarily given me $18 off internet and an upgrade to 8 MBPS.