Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

With your iPad docked, try double tapping the home button, then swipe the app bar at the bottom to the right. There should be a button to the left of the volume slider that looks like a box with an arrow in it pointing up from the bottom of it. If it's there, tap it and see if it gives you the Dock connection option to enable or disable the connection.
I don't remember seeing something like that, but when I get home I'll take a look..

Update: No its not there.

Last edited:
I would try plugging in some comp speakers into the audio out port of the dock. Sounds like the iPad knows the dock is capable of playing audio and inhibits it's speaker some how.

You don't have the button to switch between iPad/Apple TV? if a dock is connected, that adds Dock to it. My iPhone does it when I am connected to my car radio by USB.

For those waiting for a smaller size ipad that is more convenient to carry, you may get your wish soon.

Rumors flying hot and heavy now is that Apple "ipad" production has excellerated in recent weeks. While the most recent reports are that ipad has reached 69.6% market share world wide, it is rumored that the latest burst in ipad production is due to a highly secret new "ipad mini" model that some analysts believe will be announced on Sep 12 when Apple is said to announce the details of the iphone 5.

As a result of these rumors one analyst has raised it's 12 month share target to $900, currently trading at 642.89, an historical all time high.

There is another rumor that is now public and that is, in preparation of the new Apple TV expected to be announced sometime near March of 2013, that Apple will buy Netflix to gain an instant access to content. Considering that Apple grows cash at a present rate of $10B a quarter, buying Netflix for twice it's current market value of $3.5B or $7B it is chump change. On this rumor Netflix stock has realized a small pop from $58 a share to $64.

I suspect it will provide serious competition to the Fire, but I don't really see much of a 7" market of other competitors. Apple will just solidify its dominance in the tablet market.

BTW, re: Don's post, I am intrigued by the idea of Apple/iTunes buying Netflix. That could be very interesting. We'll see.

If you don't think the 7" market is of interest, you haven't been watching Apple go after Samsung's Galaxy 7" tablet.

Of course it is of interest if they are making an an iPad-mini, but having first started in that 7" Samsung land with the original Galaxy Tab, I am not at all impressed by the form-factor. At least not for actual productivity. BUT I reiterate, that I think Apple's move to a mini will further cement their dominance in the tablet field.

I've only used it a couple times and briefly, but since installing iOS6, my iPad 2 claims it's still at 100% battery and hasn't been plugged in for about 12 hours. Those 12 hours include verifying and installing iOS6 while unplugged.

Edit: using it now and it's quickly ticked down to 97%

Last edited:
Our soon to be four year old has figured out how to change settings and move apps to folders. Is there any way I can lock her to just opening her folder of games, or a particular game?

I doubt it.. I wish there was a way to disable the home button because my 2 year old LOVES pushing that while using her favorite app and then I need to grab the iPad away from her and get her back before she starts screwing around with stuff..

Check this out!! Go to General/Guided Access. With this little tool, you can make portions of the screen dead so the kiddos can't tap and select, lets say, adds, or search bars, ects. It also disables the Home Button will the tool is active. A bit of a pain at first, but should make up for the time it takes to get the little ones back on track on thier game or whatever they are doing. Some of It works the same on the iPhone as well. HTH.:)

Ever since upgrading to the latest iOS I have been having trouble with some buttons on the right side of my iPad not responding when using the satellite guys app. Very strange. e.g. The send button in the user right corner when in horizontal does not work. Flip the iPad vertical and it works. Anyone else see this problem? This is not a problem on any other app so it seems this is a satelliteguys bug with the new update of iOS

Last edited:
Ever since upgrading to the latest iOS I have been having trouble with some buttons on the right side of my iPad not responding when using the satellite guys app. Very strange. e.g. The send button in the user right corner when in horizontal does not work. Flip the iPad vertical and it works. Anyone else see this problem? This is not a problem on any other app so it seems this is a satelliteguys bug with the new update of iOS
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...amp-Android-SatGuys-App?p=3058325#post3058325

Looks like JB might be upon us for Ipad 4 due to iphone 5 getting JB this coming Sunday :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)