Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
Yesterday I went to hook the asc 1 to my dish I used the cabling 12 awg outside lighting cable for the motor and 18 awg in wall speaker wire for sensor I had already purchased that I thought would work yo move the dish but after hooking things up I got an lnb voltage error and I can not set the east or west limits and the dish never moved just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. As a side note I am planning on running commscope 8136 ribbon cable as soon as I buy some from gotcband ( wallyhts )

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: wallyhts
The gauge of motor and sensor wires will not cause a LNB voltage error. This would be a warning that is displayed when there is a problem on the LNB IN port.

What is connected to the LNB IN f-fitting?

Are you able to clear the error message when nothing is connected to the LNB IN port?

Maybe you meant the DiSEqC d201 switch out port?

Are you able to clear the error message when nothing is connected to the LNB IN port?

Maybe post a photo of the error display for exact text?

The error message flashes on then off to quick to read accurately or take a photo but will try again I can clear the message but then the asc1 gets stuck on the limit set screen yes the out port, could the coax being old cause the lnb error?

Yes old or new coax, connections, switches, LNBFs, motors, controllers, receivers... Anything can be bad, but you have to draw a flow chart and determine by process of elimination.

1. Does the LNB error message display when nothing is connected to the LNB IN port?

2. Are you connecting to the DiSEqC switch output or input?

3. What else is connected to the switch and to which ports?

4. What happens if you get a new coax and connect the ASC1 LNB IN port directly to one LNBF?

Yes old or new coax, connections, switches, LNBFs, motors, controllers, receivers... Anything can be bad, but you have to draw a flow chart and determine by process of elimination.

1. Does the LNB error message display when nothing is connected to the LNB IN port?

2. Are you connecting to the DiSEqC switch output or input?

3. What else is connected to the switch and to which ports?

4. What happens if you get a new coax and connect the ASC1 LNB IN port directly to one LNBF?
I am thinking of starting over with ribbon cable then go from there

I think I may have figured out my problem I didn't know that the actuator had to be extended at zenith so that should solve the problem of not being able to set the limits will fix that and proceed to the next step another question though is the actuator fully extended at zenith ?

No, the actuator should be in about the middle at Zenith.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)