Asus Transformer Infinity Resurrection

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
For those of you who aren't familiar with this, this is Asus' 10" tablet with the keyboard that can be attached directly to the tablet.

This habit started off really snappy, but I have noticed over the past few months that it became ever slower to the point of being unusable.

A little research shows that they used really crappy flash memory internally and this tends to slow down dramatically over time. To the point where I could barely get one megabyte per second out of the tablet reading or writing.

For those who question the value of having SD cards on phones or tablets I can tell you that with a fast Micro SD card I was able to resurrect the tablet. I flashed a ROM that uses the Micro SD card to run the OS on.

Very frustrating but $40 beats $400 every day. Now I just need to get a new SD card for downloads and music.

Reactions: KE4EST and TheKrell
I ran ART runtime on the tablet and it doesn't work as well as Dalvik. Slow, laggy and crashing.

For those that don't know, ART is the new runtime for Java which is the default in Lollipop. It is considered to be experimental in KitKat.

ART works very well on my note 2, so I'm guessing the issues are due to the fact that the Note 2 runs on a QualComm SoC while the tablet runs on an NVidia Tegra SoC.

Anyway. Thought I would pass this on.

Reactions: KE4EST
I have the TF700t. I have sent it in now 3 times with this exact problem. I might be sending it in again and demanding a new one.

Unfortunately they are not replacing it. They say they replaced the motherboard twice and then they flashed the BIOS but it is still slow as a turtle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts