AT&T launches first DirecTV bundle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Lon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
AT&T launches first DirecTV bundle: $200 for TV, wireless for four.
It marks the first time a company has been able to offer a bundle of television and wireless service throughout the nation.

Article here: http://www.cnet.com/news/at-ts-launches-first-directv-bundle-200-for-tv-wireless-for-four/

On a personal note I was hoping the first announcement would say that they're lowering programming and equipment prices for current customers and adding more HD :rolleyes::hiding:devilish:D

I just called AT&T and they said to check back on the 10th, I hope they give it to current DirecTV subs, I would love to bundle my Cell phone with them, as I don't have U-Verse in my area at all, not in NY I guess.

What kind of discount would they give current DirecTV subs? I pay between $145 and $180 for DirecTV, depended on NFL ST and NBA LP being on the bill, and right now $102 for AT&T Cell with 3GB of Data.

Let the AT&T-DirecTV bundling begin
Aug 3 2015, 03:33 ET | By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor

Just two weeks after getting its merger with DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) approved, AT&T (NYSE:T) will introduce its first package of TV and wireless services on Aug. 10.
The new deal will allow subscribers to get high-definition video programming on up to four TVs, unlimited talk and text on four smartphones, and 10 gigabytes of shared wireless data for $200 a month - saving consumers $600 in the first year.
The carrier describes the new bundle as the "first-ever nationwide package of TV and wireless services."
http://seekingalpha.com/news/2683045-let-the-at-and-t-directv-bundling-begin#email_link

Let the AT&T-DirecTV bundling begin
Aug 3 2015, 03:33 ET | By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor

Just two weeks after getting its merger with DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) approved, AT&T (NYSE:T) will introduce its first package of TV and wireless services on Aug. 10.
The new deal will allow subscribers to get high-definition video programming on up to four TVs, unlimited talk and text on four smartphones, and 10 gigabytes of shared wireless data for $200 a month - saving consumers $600 in the first year.
The carrier describes the new bundle as the "first-ever nationwide package of TV and wireless services."
http://seekingalpha.com/news/2683045-let-the-at-and-t-directv-bundling-begin#email_link

I hope they do something similar for current subs to both DirecTV and AT&T. Would be nice to have a nice savings year 1 to bundle the two.

howdy y'all what do you guys think about directv compared to dish saw that they are going to start bundling with att wireless service which i have so i am thinking about switching they are offering pretty god incentives my main concern is cost and the hardware i don't watch many channels besides rural tv and rfd tv as well as locals and amc and me tv over the air on my hopper

howdy y'all what do you guys think about directv compared to dish saw that they are going to start bundling with att wireless service which i have so i am thinking about switching they are offering pretty god incentives my main concern is cost and the hardware i don't watch many channels besides rural tv and rfd tv as well as locals and amc and me tv over the air on my hopper

If you want to continue watching Rural TV, you'll have to stay with Dish. Directv doesn't have that channel. The rest are on Directv (MeTV will have to be done the same way - OTA and then the AM21 attached to the DVR for integration into your guide, but it's quite easy.)

Without knowing the details, $200 for four smartphones sharing 10gb, and four rooms of HD TV seems like a good deal. And I do see potential for At&t to offer savings for cell and Tv. But I do have a few questions. It sounds to me the $600 savings over the first year would apply to new Direct TV customers. The $10 discount they talk about would be for everyone who bundles. And it's unclear what happens after the first year.
I also see the prices for the Cell side only include if you have your own Smartphones on the account. Otherwise the increased billing policy is in effect if you get the phone from or if the phone presently is from At&t to be paid over time. But it does look like potential savings of some amount. I think they are smart to come out immediately with a plan.

I wonder which tv programming package they will bundle with this. It will only be worth it if it's the Ultimate or Premiere package, IMO.

I wonder which tv programming package they will bundle with this. It will only be worth it if it's the Ultimate or Premiere package, IMO.
I am with you. I have D* Ultimate with three DVRs and ATT 3 Phone, 1 Tablet and 30 GB of Data,

It's unlikely I will get much of deal given my company has a 22% discount on my cell bill.

DIRECTV Customers Offered $500 In Credits For Switching Lines To AT&T http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc...o-att/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix
Having recently successfully completed its purchase of DIRECTV, communications giant AT&T T +1.17% has wasted no time in leveraging its now vast presence in the TV delivery market to try and boost its communications business.The company has announced today (August 10 2015) that DIRECTV customers will be entitled to an eye-catching $500 in credits for each line they switch to AT&T.This breaks down as a $300 bill credit per line ported with a new smartphone purchased on AT&T Next , plus a $200 credit for an eligible smartphone trade in.The credits are also available on the same basis to subscribers to the U-verse platform AT&T already operated before it completed its purchase of DIRECTV.

AT&T up 1.3% as it rolls out $500/line switching incentive
Aug 10 2015, 11:05 ET | About: AT&T Inc. (T) | By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor http://seekingalpha.com/news/271341...s-out-500-line-switching-incentive#email_link

AT&T (NYSE:T) is up 1.3% in the wake of its newest synergy-related promo for DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV): a $500 credit/line for DirecTV customers (and U-verse customers) who switch to AT&T's wireless offering.
The credit breaks out into a $300 bill credit for line ports where the customer buys a smartphone via AT&T Next, and an additional $200 credit for trading an eligible smartphone.
The deal also comes with 10,000 of American Express Plenti points if they combine services on one bill.
The discounts are per line rather than per household, meaning a family of four could get $2,000 in credits for bringing four lines in with four smartphone trades as described.

Status
Please reply by conversation.