AT&T Wireless Customers with DIRECTV or U-Verse can stream Data-Free

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I guess I'm out of luck. I don't have an HR44, just a lowly HR34. Sucks.

I'm not sure why they say you can't use the Cell phone hot spot with a tablet ...
I was playing around at the lake last week and it worked fine.

Also don't know why they won't allow ipads/tablets on the unlimited plan.
Makes no sense.

I'm not sure that's entirely true Jimbo...I added my LG G Pad 7.0 when I thought it would count as my 4th line free until I discovered it has to actually be a smartphone to qualify. I can't justify the $40/mth charge for a tablet I use sparingly when we travel so I switched it back to the 1gb/mth for $10 data connect plan it was previously assigned. So, it would seem as though you can actually have a tablet on the unlimited plan...at least in the limited time they allowed me to switch. Interesting note on the hotspot for DirecTV service though...might have to give that a shot for the Note 10.1 someday.

Anyone else try to stream MNF last night? I tried to stream it with the Directv app on my iPhone away from home. And although it showed in the Live TV list, when I tried to actually play it, it gave a popup message that said I could only watch it on a tablet, computer, or internet connected tv. (Not helpful as my phone is the only one with AT&T Wireless and therefore free streaming data.)

I actually (sort of) found a workaround for it. I started recording it on my DVR and then played it from there. That worked until I stopped streaming at half time. When I went back, it required me to start from the beginning on the recording and didn't allow fast forward. So I guess that would have worked as long as I didn't stop.

Is there maybe some special rule were MNF is excluded?

Verizon Wireless has the exclusive rights to stream nationally televised games ( Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night) games on cell phones through a contract with the NFL. That's why you couldn't do it on your phone, but would have been able to stream on a tablet or computer.

Reactions: StealthMonkey
Status
Please reply by conversation.