Auto Hop Feature.. What if???

If dish is removing the ads by sending out the timings overnight then they must allow a little time for the offsets of various stations.
-Ken

The "skip" is not perfect by any means. For us, we almost always see 1-2 seconds of the first commercial start. Not sure on the other end - don't pay that much attention.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

But what if the cut even 1 sec of a show. Fox and friends would be up in arms about altering the content.
Now if CBS could time their shows better, it would help. Often early, sometimes late.
-Ken

I'd still be it's on purpose. If they wanted to time it perfectly it wouldn't be that difficult.
I'm not complaining, in case that's what you thought.

Back to the comment about "offsets of various stations", how common is that ? I can't believe they don't have their systems all sync'd to their network 100%. If they didn't, TV shows would start a few seconds early (I guess the viewer would see those slate screens) or late, commercials would be injected early or late, etc, etc. I had a discussion with the local CE of Time Warner Cable years ago and he told me every piece of equipment that could be sync'd, was sync'd, with the US Naval Observatory's atomic clock.

How much is your Hopper bill?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts